nrepl.el 0.1.8 and eldoc

Simon Katz

Aug 13, 2013, 4:48:59 PM8/13/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

With nrepl.el 0.1.8, eldoc has stopped working for me — nothing appears in the minibuffer.

I reverted to 0.1.7 and all is ok.

Anyone else seeing this?

Simon

Simon Katz

Aug 14, 2013, 5:34:51 AM8/14/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
Maybe I should also ask...

Is anyone not seeing this? (Do you have nrepl.el 0.1.8, with eldoc working?)

Simon Katz

Aug 14, 2013, 7:19:11 AM8/14/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
Ah... It's a known issue: https://github.com/clojure-emacs/nrepl.el/issues/356

I've upgraded to Emacs 24.3 and it's ok now.

Stefan Kamphausen

Aug 14, 2013, 9:18:05 AM8/14/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com

I've upgraded to Emacs 24.3 and it's ok now.

Just for the record: I am on 23.3.1 which is the version on the last Ubuntu LTS.  I sincerly hope, that we old timers are not left behind and that nrepl.el cares for older versions of Emacs which can be considered wide-spread.  Not sure, what the current Debian stable is, which I'd also consider to be in active use.

Best,
Stefan

Steve Purcell

Aug 14, 2013, 10:01:31 AM8/14/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
On 14 Aug 2013, at 14:18, Stefan Kamphausen <ska...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for the record: I am on 23.3.1 which is the version on the last Ubuntu LTS. I sincerly hope, that we old timers are not left behind and that nrepl.el cares for older versions of Emacs which can be considered wide-spread. Not sure, what the current Debian stable is, which I'd also consider to be in active use.

+1. I don't use Emacs 23 myself, but it's still widely used, and I'm a little sad to see more and more elisp libraries which require Emacs 24 for no compelling reason.

-Steve

Joe Snikeris

Aug 14, 2013, 12:30:06 PM8/14/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com