Data Protection API

Luiz Henrique

Apr 14, 2015, 3:24:41 PM4/14/15
to npgsq...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I used to use Data Protection API (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms995355.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396) with SQL Server and Enterprise Library with success but now I'm trying to use it with npgsql and I started getting errors when it was trying to use the same connection string session already encrypted.

My question is,

Does each one of you know if Npgsql implements by default DPAPI ?

Does each one of you has already faced something similar ?

Thank you.
--
Luiz Henrique
Twiter: @luizhds

luiz.h...@sanmina.com

Apr 14, 2015, 4:44:43 PM4/14/15
to npgsq...@googlegroups.com
Folks.

My bad, I got what was actually wrong.

There is no need to create any method or something, the .NET is able to handle this kind of data itself.

Thanks anyway.
--
CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use
by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail message, and any attachments
thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message
in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the
original and any copies of this email and any prints thereof.
ABSENT AN EXPRESS STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY HEREINABOVE, THIS E-MAIL IS NOT
INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A WRITING. Notwithstanding the Uniform
Electronic Transactions Act or the applicability of any other law of
similar substance and effect, absent an express statement to the contrary
hereinabove, this e-mail message its contents, and any attachments hereto
are not intended to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a
contract and are not otherwise intended to bind the sender, Sanmina
Corporation (or any of its subsidiaries), or any other person or entity.