Random Message: Unable to find assembly 'Npgsql,

Joshla

Jan 8, 2015, 9:47:22 PM1/8/15
to npgsq...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm currently running a website using ServiceStack.OrmLite.PostgreSQL which works fine saving/inserting users etc...

But then I enable a feature of my website which inserts a DepositRequest, inserts a CoinTransaction and updates the User and it runs fine for 30minutes-2hours then it "randomly" crashes the whole website (hosted with ASP.NET on Windows Azure with the database hosted with Heroku) with the following error in the eventlog.xml

http://pastebin.com/zC2c2RVb

I'm really not sure what causes the SerializationException as the objects I'm inserting/updating seem absolutely fine to me.. and why can it suddenly not find Npgsql after 30-60minutes of running?

I'm not sure if this is an issue with ServiceStack or Npgsql, apologies if this is in the wrong place.. I've spent days trying to track this issue down :/ any help would be greatly appreciated.

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

Jan 9, 2015, 12:25:18 PM1/9/15
to npgsq...@googlegroups.com, josh...@gmail.com

This is really very strange.

Did you try to add Npgsql 2.2.3 to GAC? I'm assuming you have Npgsql assembly in your application bin folder.

Another crazy idea, but I think it may be completely wrong, is that your application is throwing an NpgsqlException which isn't being handled and somehow this exception is being serialized to another process which doesn't have access to Npgsql.dll assembly. This would explain why you are getting this problem only after some time.

Sorry for not being very helpful.

I hope it helps.

josh...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2015, 9:12:32 AM1/12/15
to npgsq...@googlegroups.com, josh...@gmail.com
Hello, after almost 2 weeks I found the solution to my problem.

A different feature of the website was actually crashing the website.. it was trying to insert an object into the database with a primarykey which already existed in the database... normally that gives an Exception but the function to insert the object was being called inside a NancyFX request which wraps all of the Exceptions up and returns them to the user instead... but it still crashed the website.

Thanks for your help.

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

Jan 21, 2015, 11:01:54 AM1/21/15
to npgsq...@googlegroups.com, josh...@gmail.com

Excellent!

I'm glad you could find the problem.

Please, let us know if you find any other problem.

I'll close the issue on github.