Speed of connection pooling / ExecuteNonQuery through different versions

koen.v...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2015, 2:56:02 PM4/22/15
to npgsq...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We are currently using Npgsql 2.0.12 in a software component that handles a lot of incoming messages sent by another system. For each message we typically open a connection to a PostgreSQL database and do a couple of inserts into a table.

We now want to upgrade to another Npgsql version. Therefore I had a look at versions 2.1.3 and version 2.4.3. The release notes of version 2.1 are talking a lot of optimizations and indeed the speed of opening a connection and inserting to the database in considerable faster. However the speed of version 2.4.3 is again comparable with 2.0.12.

So it looks like connection pooling in 2.4.3 is not that fast anymore as in 2.1.3. It also looks like the same has happened to the ExecuteNonQuery method.

Did somebody else noticed a similar behavior as me? Or could I tune the 2.4.3 version to get the same speed as the 2.1.3 version.

Thanks,
Koen