NpgsqlConnectionStringBuilder and Protocol parameter

Miłosz Kubański

Sep 30, 2014, 6:28:12 AM9/30/14
to npgsq...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

The NpgsqlConnectionStringBuilder doesn't support the Protocol parameter. Is the parameter is obsolete? I've found that the encoding parameter is obsolete (https://github.com/npgsql/Npgsql/wiki/User-Manual) but can't find such info in the wiki.

Best,
MiloszeS

Shay Rojansky

Sep 30, 2014, 6:37:41 AM9/30/14
to npgsq...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the Protocol parameter has been obsolete, and has already been removed in our master branch. Npgsql supports only protocol version 3, which has been supported by Postgresql for a very long time. Encoding is similar - we only support UTF8.

The documentation definitely needs a serious update, we're working on that.

Miłosz Kubański

Sep 30, 2014, 8:09:13 AM9/30/14
to npgsq...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info.