Could no get needed resources for application id=-337 Unable to connect to server

Dave

Mar 5, 2007, 3:28:09 PM3/5/07
I am having trouble getting my application objects to run on my Windows
XP workstations when using the secure system user and unsecure system
user options. If I select the "Run normal" options, there are no
problems. However, this isnt an option as most of our users are not
administrators locally.
The error message is:

Setup Resource Status
Could not get needed resources for application [object name] to be
launched (id=-337).
Problem: Unable to connect to server.

If I take the UNC path from the "Path to executable file" field and
paste it into explorer, the executable runs fine. I have tried both the
server name and the IP address of the server in this field with no luck.
I verified that the NAL service is running. The users that the object
is associated with have all the needed permissions to the folder where
the executable is located. I have tried moving the application object
itself to the same context as the users it is associated with with the
same results.
We are running Zen works version 3.2.
Thanks

susan...@state.ma.us

Mar 5, 2007, 10:21:31 PM3/5/07
I think when you use the secure/unsecure option, you only have access to
local resources nothing on the network. This setting actually causes the
applciation/exe to load as the workstation's "system" account, which has
no rights to network resources.

Ian Jennings

Mar 6, 2007, 8:11:21 AM3/6/07
Dave,

Dave wrote:
> I verified that the NAL service is running. The users that the object
> is associated with have all the needed permissions to the folder where
> the executable is located. I have tried moving the application object

It's not the users who need rights to the folder but the workstation
object - i.e. you need to make sure the workstation is imported into the
eDir tree and that it has rights to the folder.

Ian

Dave

Mar 6, 2007, 3:35:55 PM3/6/07
Thanks Susan and Ian.
Though I wasn`t able to get the applications working as desired, your
(create an object to launch a batch file first to copy the files to a
local directory, then have the "real" applications run as a system user).