ConsoleOne - "Failed to set current tree name"

jash...@sbsu.com

Mar 12, 2003, 8:20:17 PM3/12/03
When I try to open the properties of an object in ConsoleOne I get the
following error message:

Error "Failed to set current tree name. Can not continue"

I have tried the suggestions in TID10068331 and it still gives the error.
I've uninstalled NICI and reinstalled it several times. On other
workstations it works by having only NICI version 2.02 installed, but I
have tried installing versions 1.57, 2.02, and 2.42 in different
combinations and nothing gets rid of the error. My server is running
NW6SP2. After I close the error box the properties of the user or object
comes up, but I don't want to corrupt any objects if it isn't working
properly.

Any suggestions??

Jon.

Michiel van Dijk

Mar 20, 2003, 4:14:41 AM3/20/03
I ve the same problem, this problem always appear after some minutes when
you have started the server.

Michiel van dijk

<jash...@sbsu.com> schreef in bericht

jann1

May 12, 2003, 4:28:43 AM5/12/03
same problem with:
c1 ver.135, nw6sp3, nici242, workstation w2k, client483.....
any ideas ?

greetings
--
Hermann Jannasch e-mail: h...@uni-landau.de

Garrett MacAskill

May 14, 2003, 11:56:08 AM5/14/03
I have the same problem on a BM3.7 server, NW6 - upgraded to NW6SP3 and now my iManager doesn't work either.   You may also see an error message in your Logger screen indicating a 10091 error when it tries to load SSL services.   I tried a patch on Novell's site SAS172FT.EXE which is supposed to fix the problem.   But it did not work for me.

>>> jann1<jann...@uni-landau.de> 05/12/03 01:28AM >>>

Patrick Pankratz

May 16, 2003, 7:59:57 AM5/16/03
Hi there,
I've sometimes the same problem.
I figured out, that on an Win 2k machine in
%SystemRoot%\System32\Novell\NiCi,
directories exist, where two files are stored.
These directories are named like the Userid's, they belong
to.
*After* taking ownership of the directory, you're able
to delete the directory and the problem doesn't occur
for a time.

Patrick

"jann1" <jann...@uni-landau.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag