station xxx (task x) timed out waiting for an op-lock on file x

Keith Larson

Mar 3, 2004, 9:44:51 AM3/3/04
more information...

some machines are now reporting a "Windows - Delayed Write Failed" when saving an Office document.  The failed write is the ~WRD0000.TMP file.  The document actually saves just fine.

Even with the BSOD, the files always saved so the user never lost their data.

What is different about the .TMP files?

Keith Larson

Mar 3, 2004, 10:03:21 AM3/3/04
set level 2 oplocks enabled=off
was already done.

I changed the other.  Does this require a reboot of the server?

how can I get 483sp3?  email would work for me if that's an option.

Keith Larson

Mar 3, 2004, 9:33:49 AM3/3/04
I just applied SP4 to my NW 6 server and started getting this message on the system console.  All of the XP clients are 4.83 sp1 with zfd4sp1bp2 installed.  I updated the server because all of these machines were experiencing blue-screen-of-death saving files from OfficeXP to network drives.

I still have more testing to see if it resolved the BSOD.  Should I be concerned with these messages?

Keith

Massimo Rosen

Mar 3, 2004, 9:53:22 AM3/3/04
Hi.

You problem is oplocking, and is caused in your case by too old clients.
Either update them *all* to 483SP3, or disable oplocking altogether on
the server, by doing:

set client file caching enabled=off

set level 2 oplocks enabled=off

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

Massimo Rosen

Mar 3, 2004, 10:46:06 AM3/3/04
Hi.

It doesn't necessarily require a reboot, but only new connections will
be affected, so a reboot is the most safe way to ensure no old client
connections still have the problem.

Massimo Rosen

Mar 3, 2004, 10:47:07 AM3/3/04

BTW, 4.83SP3 is where all Novell files are.

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm