Re: Internal Error 0xFFFFFA27 occurred

Mike Finnegan

Feb 5, 2009, 10:54:06 AM2/5/09
I was able to turn off NMAS at the client and login. Does anyone no how
to fix the actual problem so I can turn NMAS back on?

Mike Finnegan

Feb 5, 2009, 10:10:23 AM2/5/09
I have a Windows 2008 Server and I had client for vista 1 SP1 and I also
tried 1R1. When I try to login the NetWare 6.5 SP7 Server I get the
error Internal error 0xFFFFFA27 occurred. This is the first time I used
Server 2008. We are using it as a SAN Server for Storage and Backup so
no users are setup or login except administrator. It needs to login to
the NetWare Server in order to back it up using Commvault. When I try to
login as the user we setup so Commvault can access and backup the
NetWare Server.

I found document (3576402)I noticed the search option is no longer on
explorer. I say that because document(3576402)says to look for
C:\Windows\System32\Novell\NICI\username and from Novell down it's not
there and I was going to search for it and found no search option for
windows explorer.

The document also said HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\NICI with a
keyname of EnableUserProfileDirectory using a Type=DWORD and a value of
1. and I can't find that key. I would assume the key is different and
the article is for a different version of windows.

Does anybody know how to fix the NetWare login problem that I'm having?

Thank You.......

Alan Adams

Feb 10, 2009, 3:54:42 PM2/10/09
Mike Finnegan <mike.f...@myactv.net> wrote:

To a degree, the files and registry settings are in the same place I
find them on Windows XP/2003. If you're not seeing them, my first
guess would be that you're looking at an x64 version of Windows Server
2008 and/or an x64 version of Vista.

On Windows x64, the NICI files are under "%windir%\SysWow64\Novell".
And in the 64-bit registry view, the settings are in
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Novell\nici_x64], in addition to the
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Novell\NICI] settings in the 32-bit view.

If setting the EnableUserProfileDirectory setting, I would probably do
it in both the 64-bit and 32-bit registry views, not knowing which
configuration area the x64 NICI will specifically be reading from.

Alan Adams
alancru...@drcrumb.com
(for email, remove the crumbs)

Mike Finegan

Feb 10, 2009, 7:52:46 PM2/10/09
Thanks for the reply Alan,

Yes, I have 2008 Server 64-bit. I will give this a try in the morning.
One day I'll find the search option on that server. I was going to
search on Novell or NICI anything that would locate the client install
dir and the situation turned from bad to worse. I'm sure they have a
perfectly good explanation for removing it from Explorer. ;)