Disable initial Netware login screen?

Bruce.St...@nospampnc.com

Mar 3, 2004, 10:31:57 AM3/3/04
When we install the Netware Client 4.8X or 4.9X on a PC running Win2000 or
XP. The user is always prompted with the Netware Client login screen when
the PC is booted. These users only need to access Netware on a periodic
basis and therefore do not want to be bothered by the Netware login when
booting their machines. They only want to be prompted when signing on to
a Netware server.

Is there any way to not be propmted by the Novell login screen when XP and
Win2000 boots and still have the client installed?

Edison Ortiz

Mar 3, 2004, 10:48:33 AM3/3/04

Sure, be sure to read:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10052847.htm

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

Bruce.St...@nospampnc.com

Mar 3, 2004, 11:41:48 AM3/3/04

Thank you for the very quick reply Edison. But it looks like this will
give me at automatic login and I want to use the default login for Windows
XP. I want to avoid the Novell login screen alltogether.

Plus I can see where it would be a challange for me to configure my PC
using this method. It would be nearly impossible for my user unless I
wrote them a custom install program.

Edison Ortiz

Mar 3, 2004, 11:49:22 AM3/3/04
> and I want to use the default login for Windows
> XP.

Meaning the welcome screen ? You can't have it when you have ANY client
installed (NetWare or Microsoft).

Ken Millett

Mar 3, 2004, 6:12:42 PM3/3/04
On the Novell Client Advanced Login property page there is a parameter called "Initial Novell Login" . By default it is on. If you change it to off, you will see the Microsoft login dialog when the machine boots. You can then login to NetWare later using the red N. This setting can be distributed to all machines during the install using Nciman.exe to create an unattend file.

>>> <Bruce.St...@nospampnc.com> 3/3/2004 8:31:57 AM >>>

Ken Millett

Apr 7, 2004, 1:43:54 PM4/7/04
Bruce,

Did the Initial Novell Login parameter solve your issue?

>>> Ken Millett<n...@email.address> 3/3/2004 4:12:42 PM >>>

Tony Pedretti

Apr 7, 2004, 3:11:42 PM4/7/04
Ken,

Edit the registry as instructed here...

Need to disable the Novell Login during bootup on Windows NT/2000/XP for troubleshooting
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10054281.htm

--
Tony Pedretti
TransUnion LLC