No eligible partitions to receive image

alisa...@compuserve.com

Oct 11, 2001, 1:26:43 PM10/11/01
NW51 with SP3. ZFD3.2
After installing the ZFD Imaging partition to an
unregistered Dell GX1, I get the above error
message when it tries to automatically lay down
an image. Zenworks imaging correctly identifies
the right image to be laid down, but fails with
the error. It also quotes error:43.

The core image I have on the network to be laid
down was created on a Dell GX1 with no linux
partition. This is the identical procedure I used
for Dell GX150, which automatically brings down
the GX150 image without any problems to an
unregistered Dell GX150.

Incidently, if I add the linux partition to a PC,
then manually restore the image on a GX1, it
downloads OK. BUT - after a reboot zenworks
imaging goes through the process of bringing down
the image again! The only way I can prevent this
is to have the workstation registered in NDS then
after a reboot, zenworks imaging does not bring
down another image.

I've tried re-creating my image on the network
with the same results. I've also created an image
on the network of a GX1 which was created with
the linux partition. It then downloads OK in
automatic mode, but as the PC is not registered
in NDS it will bring down the image again after a
reboot.

I can get round this - but I shouldn't have to.
If it works with a GX150, why not with the GX1?

Confused,
Ali Saunders