Unable to login to iManager 2.7.2 with Tree Admin userid after changing admin password

Richard Seepaul

Sep 16, 2009, 4:38:05 PM9/16/09
Hello:
After changing the Tree Admin password I find myself unable to login to
iManager (Hosted on Server in Tree) with the admin userid.
The error message that iManager spits is: +++++++++++++
(Error -669) An invalid password was used, authentication failed, one
server tried to synchronize with another one but the target server's
database was locked, or a problem exists with the remote ID or public key.
++++++++++++++++++++++

SDI Diag shows no errors but I am only able to use SDI DIag as an admin
equivalent user I can not login with the admin userid fron SDI Diag
I am also unable to login with the admin userID from DSRepair

I am able to login to iManager with other admin equivalent accounts
which do have password policy applied.
There is no password policy applied against the admin userid

iMonitor shows no synch errors
Any IDEAS ?
eDir 8.8SP5 NW 6.5 SP8 iManager 2.7.2

a...@novell.com

Sep 20, 2009, 8:14:46 PM9/20/09

Richard Seepaul

Sep 21, 2009, 10:27:25 AM9/21/09
The problem has been isolated to an interaction with the Novell CLient.
If the password change is made from a wkstn with a slightly older
version of the Novell Client 4.91 SP5 vs the one that is most current
4.91 SP5 with all public domain post SP5 patches, then the issue arises.

A password change to the admin id from a workstation with the older
client resolves the issue or prevents its occurrence.
I have confirmed this behaviour in two trees.
When I figure out exactly what the client differences are I will post.

a...@novell.com

Sep 21, 2009, 10:34:00 AM9/21/09