iMgr 2.6 install fails on "Select Plug-ins to Install"

1 view

chuck_peri...@navyfederal.org

Feb 17, 2006, 1:51:12 PM2/17/06
I would like to upgrade our IDM2 server to IDM3. One of the prerequisites
for IDM3 listed is iMgr 2.6. The server is currently running iMgr 2.5. I
unzipped iMan_26_NW65_Standalone.zip to SYS:IM26 on the server (NW6.5/SP3).
I then attempt to install from the STARTX GUI. When it gets to
the "Select Plug-ins to Install" screen it tells me "No plug-ins found or
server not available". If I attempt to continue past this point I get
a "Fatal Error" box telling me to check sys:\ni\data\ni.log for details.
I checked and there is nothing new in this log file.

The Netware server is not going to be able to use the URL that is the
default source for plug-ins because we have a proxy and the NW server is
not configured to use it. I don't even know how to tell it about the
proxy. The install docs say that plug-ins can be installed from a local
directory, (extracted_install_directory\products\imanager\packages). I
checked and that directory exists and contains base.npm and monitor.npm.

Any ideas? Thanks,

-Chuck

Jason

Feb 17, 2006, 4:27:42 PM2/17/06
I can't duplicate your problem by unplugging my network cable from my
NetWare box so the first thing I would try is deleting the
sys:\ni\update directory and trying the install again. Another file to
check for errors is nioutput.txt

- Jason

chuck_peri...@navyfederal.org

Feb 20, 2006, 1:02:49 PM2/20/06
This is the nierrors.log file:

*** Open log 02/17/2006 13:32:31 EST ***

______
Driver
Fatal: Unrecoverable error in driver.mainHallway().
______
Driver
Fatal: null
______
Driver
Fatal: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getInputStream(ZipFile.java:184)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:359)
at
com.novell.application.install.imanager.Utils.getPluginManifestValue
(Unknown Source)
at
com.novell.application.install.imanager.IManNW65.getSummaryPanel(Unknown
Source)
at com.novell.application.install.Summary.setSummaryContents
(Summary.java:191)
at com.novell.application.install.Summary.initialize
(Summary.java:283)
at com.novell.application.install.Driver.doSummary
(Driver.java:2568)
at com.novell.application.install.Driver.mainHallway
(Driver.java:1991)
at com.novell.application.install.WizardFrame.serviceOnNext
(WizardFrame.java:339)
at com.novell.application.install.WizardFrame.run
(WizardFrame.java:270)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

______
[...]

Fatal errors 4
Recoverable errors 0
Unknown errors 0
Warnings 0
Informational messages 0
Total logged messages 4
*** Close log 02/17/2006 13:51:24 EST ***

*** LOG END MARKER, DO NOT REMOVE ***

Lot's of complaints about "unknown source" but I'm not sure how to fix.

-Chuck

Jason

Feb 21, 2006, 12:57:13 PM2/21/06
I'm guessing that deleting sys:\ni\update did not fix the problem? It
looks like from the error that the install failed right after accepting
the license agreement. Is that correct?

- Jason

Bambid

Feb 23, 2006, 10:10:49 AM2/23/06
I have same problem, deleting sys:\ni\update didn´t fix my problem.

David

Jason wrote:

chuck_peri...@navyfederal.org

Feb 24, 2006, 8:14:05 AM2/24/06
Deleting sys:\ni\update didn't fix mine either. VERY frustrating...

-Chuck