Re: D101 Error - User not on Post Office

Uwe Buckesfeld

Apr 8, 2009, 2:41:22 PM4/8/09
On 04/08/2009 mdarner wrote:
> The email address is an alias address. The user has no problem
> sending to the setup email address.

Alias or nickname?

Uwe

Uwe Buckesfeld

Apr 9, 2009, 5:09:47 AM4/9/09
* mdarner,

check the sender's address book: Probably he has an object in one of his address books with the same name as the nickname.
Else delete and recreate the nickname of the recipient and see if it makes a difference.
Why do you use nicknames internally?

Uwe

Uwe Buckesfeld

Apr 9, 2009, 2:12:27 PM4/9/09
* mdarner wrote, On 04/09/2009 03:56 PM:
> Thanks UWE - I appreciate your help and will try your suggestions.
>
> We only use nicknames in the event of a user being initially setup
> under their maiden name and then got married then we add nicknames to
> cover emails coming under the married name. I have had three instances
> where I have had to do this and have never had a problem until now.

I see. What I do in such cases is, I rename the Groupwise account to match the new last name, then add a nickname with the old ID/name and set an expiration date. People are usually fine receiving mail under their old name for 6 months.
It looks much better to have the new name as the Groupwise ID in the address book. Also the nickname will not propagate through outbound mail to the internet; it is for receiving mail only.

> I would have thought there was an easier way but I am not that familiar
> with all the GW admin setup and features. The IT consultants did the
> initial setup of Novell & GW but they do not work with very many Novell
> clients so when an issue like this happens, they have to research for a
> solution which is exactly what I am doing.

Well, we are here :-)
But I'd consider hiring a more experienced partner. www.novell.com has a partner locator.

Uwe