117 error sending new connection message

John Morgan

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
I have 2 GroupWise 5.2.6 post offices in one domain, using UNC links. GWIA
and WebAccess are in another domain, and communicate using tcp/ip. The main
server, ever since we upgraded to NetWare 5.1 with SP1, has been going off
into space. No abend, just seems hung. After following several TIDs on the
effect of large files and GroupWise performance tweeks, I've gotten it a lot
better. It now stays up more than 2 days. This time it lasted a week, then
I got "177 error sending new connection message to handler 8f01
tcp-listener." Note we're using the 56bit version of tcpip.nlm after the
128bit version gave us various nightmares. Any suggestions before opening
an official incident with Novell?

Automatic reply

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
John,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check the knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com
- Check out the product specific information available at http://support.novell.com/feature/before-call.htm
- Check Additional Support options http://support.novell.com/additional/
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct news group. To see which groups are available, go to http://support.novell.com/forums/scfindex.htm (NNTP) or http://novell.remarq.com/novell/home.asp (Web)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Your Novell Support Connection Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/