Error 8F01 TCP_LISTENER

Michael Burgin

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
We are running GW 5.24 with the latest service packs on a Novell 4.11
network
also with the latest service packs. Yesterday none of our users were
able to login in
CS mode. The following error message was recieved : Error sending new
connection message to handler 8F01 TCP Listener. Users were able to
connect directly to the volume and access the their mail that way but
not with TCP/IP in CS mode. All other apps using TCP/IP were behaving
normally. The server also seemed to be running at normal speed. I
unloaded and then reloaded the POA and then was able to login via
TCP/IP. An hour later the problem recurred. I downed the server,
thinking that TCP/IP had some how become unbound from GW. After the
server came back up, GW was fine for the rest of the day. This morning
I had the same problem again. I noticed that server console screen for
my PO was showing 6 users as busy. I unloaded the PO again and we have
been OK for 2 hours so far. We are using TCP/IP v4.20 dated 8/98. Any
help would be deeply appreciated. TIA.

Chad Neal
LAN Manager
DMF of Ohio, Inc.

Michael Bell

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
try applying TCPN06

Michael J. Bell

(Please -- No private e-mail unless solicited!)

Novell Support Forums can
be accessed via news server: news://forums.novell.com
or via the web: http://forums2.novell.com/forumtop.html
Enhancement request may be made at:
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Chad Neal

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
I applied TCPN06 and am still having problems. It appears as though GW is
now unable to process messages at times. At the server console, the GW
screen shows Proccessing / Busy 8 : 4 and 8 messages are listed below as
processing but they never process. Request Pending begins to grow and
processor utilization hits 100%. At this point GW is effectively hung. If I
unload the POA, all the messages process and when I reload it, it works OK.
Then later on that day or early the next day, the same thing will happen
again. It doesn't seem to be tied to any particular event that I can
identify.

Tom Kustner [SysOp]

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
I have not dealt with this error, but am just going to suggest some
general things.

What are your threads set at (NWADmin | GWIA)? How many GW users do
you have?

What OS are your users using? Is there any way to tell if it's the
same users who get hung up? Are they all running the 5.2.4 client?

Have you tried the recommendations in
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/tidfinder.cgi?2946201

Are you running the best, up-to-date, LAN drivers for your server?

Tom Kustner - Novell Support Volunteer SysOp

http://support.novell.com (Novell technical support)
http://www.novell.com/groupwise/administration/gwadmin.html (GW Admin guides!)
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/(NDS, GroupWise & Z.E.N.works)
http://www.nwconnection.com (NetWare Connection)