ESP8266, nodeMCU and lua

Faraz Sayed

Jan 19, 2015, 6:46:11 PM1/19/15
to not-just...@googlegroups.com
I saw this video and thought it might be of interest to those playing with the esp wifi modules

it uploads a firmware onto the board that accepts commands in lua. With the software you can save a small file (init.lua) to the board so it can boot up and produce a webpage in which you can toggle a value. That value can alter the GPIO pins (turning on an led or something).

Andrea Campanella

Jan 20, 2015, 5:25:56 AM1/20/15
to Faraz Sayed, Nja Maillist
Wow! that's really slow :D

but it looks like an interesting project!

Andrea "emuboy" Campanella

Christian Bianchini

Jan 20, 2015, 6:01:49 PM1/20/15
to not-just...@googlegroups.com, faraz...@gmail.com
yeah slow :( but tbh I would buy a XBEE to control something like that, it got a sleep mode and personal network.
Anyway the point on this video is just to prove the flexibility of this great piece of hardware! Very nice.