Libraries not working

Lucia N

Nov 30, 2014, 11:23:05 AM11/30/14
to not-just...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I have been having problems with some sketches not compiling. The Firmata and RF24 libraries are unusable because of this. The code will not even compile, therefore it will not upload. Lots of error messages appear, like:

In file included from StandardFirmata.ino:33:0:
C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:25:25:
fatal error: include/twi.h: No such file or directory
 #include <include/twi.h>

This happens on both my computers, one Windows 7 and the other Windows 8, and with both versions of the IDE, 1.0.6 and 1.5.8. I have tried reinstalling the IDE, reinstalling the libraries and saving the sketches in new folders with all the .h files. Everyone else seems to be able to use these libraries, and I have not found a solution online.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks, Lucia

Adrian Godwin

Dec 1, 2014, 6:47:46 AM12/1/14
to Lucia N, not-just...@googlegroups.com
I think these were used on older versions of the Arduino IDE - you
could either install an old one (0.22 for instance) or look for later
libraries that are intended for the 1.0 series.

Lucia N

Dec 3, 2014, 6:13:10 AM12/3/14
to not-just...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian, thanks for your answer. I have tried to install older versions of the IDE, but they will not let me choose a board, so they will not compile. This happens on both computers and also if I put the IDE on a USB flash drive. The board menu does not open and a little square appears instead.

Lucia N

Dec 3, 2014, 1:29:12 PM12/3/14
to not-just...@googlegroups.com
I have found a library that will compile, so I will see if it works.

Adrian Godwin

Dec 3, 2014, 1:32:22 PM12/3/14
to Lucia N, not-just...@googlegroups.com
I thought twi.h was a problem I'd had around when Arduino was changing
to 1.0, but I've checked with what I can build - on 1.0.5, I don't
have any problem with firmata 2.2

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM, 'Lucia N' via Not Just Arduino
<not-just...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> I have found a library that will compile, so I will see if it works.

Lucia N

Dec 4, 2014, 12:19:37 PM12/4/14
to not-just...@googlegroups.com
The RF24 sketch will compile and upload to a DigiX board, but will not compile for any other board. Because it is for radio communication, it needs two boards, so I am still not able to test it.

Carlos Cardoso

Dec 18, 2014, 8:03:17 AM12/18/14
to not-just...@googlegroups.com
Where did you take the RF24 library?

I've used it on Arduino Mega, 2009, Seeduino and Arduino Nano successfully. :/