Arduino Users study

Faraz Sayed

Apr 10, 2015, 9:16:20 AM4/10/15
to not-just...@googlegroups.com
Tracy (@treee) from City university is looking for a couple of volunteers for a study into the interaction between people and the programming of arduinos. All experience levels are welcome, although participants must be over 18 and not use arduino as a main part of their work. If your interested get in touch with her via her university email address: tracey....@city.ac.uk

She hopes that what she discovers can be used to help more people get into programming, easier. As a token of thanks participants will get a £20 amazon voucher.

marc barto

Apr 10, 2015, 9:23:49 AM4/10/15
to Faraz Sayed, not-just...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Faraz, hopefully some of our regulars will be interested in taking part.

I'm adding here more info she just emailed:

Arduino users needed for a PhD study

Do you use Arduino for personal projects (rather than just as your main job, or on behalf of other people)? I’m looking for 20 adults (18+) to take part in an exploratory study I’m conducting as part of my PhD. I want to find out how people think and behave when developing prototypes with Arduino, so we can determine how people from different backgrounds, with different levels of knowledge and skill in programming and electronics, can be best supported, particularly when learning.

You don’t need to be an expert to take part, just to have some experience of using the Arduino platform for personal projects (and/or to support your work, rather than doing so for a living), and be willing to attend an in-person session at City University London in April 2015, in which you do a hands-on task (using an Arduino UNO & the Arduino IDE) and answer some questions about it. The session will take about 1.5 hours and you’ll receive a £20 Amazon gift voucher as a token of thanks.

If you think you might want to take part, or have any questions, please drop me a line at tracey....@city.ac.uk

Please feel free to forward this to anyone else you think might be interested. If you receive this message via more than one source, apologies for cross-posting - I’m trying to recruit as widely as possible, to get a good mix of people.