Fwd: Co-Lab - an ideas workshop in plant biology and design

Marion Catlin

Sep 14, 2016, 2:03:21 PM9/14/16
to norwich-...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone interested in this event?

Dear Norwich Hackspace,

I'm hosting a 3-day workshop from 23-25 September out at the John Innes Centre (on the Norwich Research Park) that I think might be of interest to some of the Hackspace members, and I was wondering whether you would be able to share information with the group?

The workshop aims to bring together an enthusiastic group with varied experience and expertise to learn about plant biology and design and generate project ideas in the cross-over. There will be practical sessions to make electricity from plants and extract pigments. No previous experience is necessary. The workshop is free to attend, and promises to be a lot of fun. You can find more information in the poster attached, or the website: http://openscienceschool.org/colabopenplant/. If you are able to put the poster up in your new space, that would be fantastic!

I've been following the Norwich Hackspace/Makerspace on Meetup for some time, but have yet to commit to a meeting. Perhaps I could use this to kick myself into action. Would it be ok for me to come along to the next member session on Monday?

Best wishes

Colette

Dr Colette Matthewman

Project Manager, Norwich

OpenPlant - Open technologies for plant synthetic biology (www.openplant.org)

e-mail: colette.m...@jic.ac.uk

Tel  +44 1603 450267

John Innes Centre

Norwich Research Park

Norwich, NR4 7UH, UK

Co-lab OpenPlant Norwich.pdf

Brian Norman

Sep 14, 2016, 3:53:34 PM9/14/16
to Norwich Hackspace
Very Interested - but sadly cannot make it - have printed a black and white copy and will put up in space tomorrow.

Ann Lussignea

Sep 14, 2016, 5:19:17 PM9/14/16
to norwich-...@googlegroups.com

I'm also interested but can't make the 3 days

On 14 Sep 2016 8:53 p.m., "Brian Norman" <ftfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Very Interested - but sadly cannot make it - have printed a black and white copy and will put up in space tomorrow.

Karl Ablitt

Sep 14, 2016, 5:38:51 PM9/14/16
to Norwich Hackspace

Im also interested but I'm away on holiday for those days :'-(