Norwich Hackspace Meetup

Marion Catlin

Aug 28, 2014, 8:09:33 PM8/28/14
to norwich-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all
We have finally got some meetings on the go. The first is a Who' Who in the pub where we can meet and talk to each other about what we are aiming at and who can do what.

We are a group of people : hackers, tinkerers, techies, engineers, artists and makers of all kinds. We want to build a community of like-minded innovators to share skills and knowledge, learn about technologies and try out new things. We are working towards an open community space for access to interesting people and interesting tools, such as laser cutters and 3D printers. There will be regular meetups, project show ’n tells and learning sessions for everybody.

To that end, we have arranged a first Meetup in a pub to get to know each other and who is interested in building a community and then setting up a hackspace in Norwich.

It's on Monday 1st September at the Mash Tun pub (which used to be the Hog in Armour) in Charing Cross. We've negotiated a Norwich Hackers deal - so there's a £1 off a pint of Redwell Hells Craft Lager or Redwell Wheat Beer on production of a badge (which we will give you) - if you haven't had Redwell beer you are in for a treat.

Please RSVP to the Meetup at http://www.meetup.com/Norwich-Hack-Makerspace-Meetup/

For more information on hackspaces, see the wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackerspace or come down and see the magic happening!

Marion Catlin on behalf of Norwich Hackers

Telephone office 01603 765353  Mobile 07946 261651
LinkedIn Marion de Mello Catlin  Skype marionecatlin
Twitter accounts marionofnorwich and norwichcultcity

Docket Email Tracking