Fwd: 2017 Make with Ada programming competition opens – offers €8,000 in prizes

Marion Catlin

May 15, 2017, 6:59:03 PM5/15/17
to norwich-...@googlegroups.com
Hello folks
Here is a competition opportunity, though I would suggest finding out what the copyrights/IP situation would be if you were to develop anything useful!

Hello,

I’m emailing with details of a new competition that I think would be of interest to your members.

Software company AdaCore has just launched the 2017 Make with Ada programming competition, which offers over €8,000 in total prizes.

Make with Ada is looking for individuals and small teams to develop open, inventive, reliable and collaborative embedded software projects, using the Ada or SPARK programming languages.

Open to all enthusiasts, entrants can create any type of project they want, with potential examples including robots, drones or Internet of Things devices. 2016 winners included a mapping robot, Bluetooth beacon and a model autonomous car.

There is plenty of information on the competition, and how to develop in the standardised Ada language, including tutorials, on the Make with Ada website, http://www.makewithada.org/ along with examples of previous projects. Entrants can also register on the website.

The winning project (which can be created by a team or an individual) will win 5000 euros, with second and third prizes of 2000 and 1000 euros respectively. The competition has just opened and runs until 15 September 2017. There is no entry fee.

I’d be grateful if you could share the news of this competition with your members.

If you’d like more information or a poster detailing the initiative don’t hesitate to drop me a line or visit the website.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Chris Measures

Measures Consulting