You Tube Subs List

Dan Herring

May 4, 2016, 1:19:00 PM5/4/16
to Norwich Hackspace
A while ago Toby and I were talking about our You Tube habit and we discussed putting together a list of channels we sub to in case others had (or wanted to develop) a habit too.  This is that.  I will start of with a few, feel free to add to it. Don't judge me!

AVE - Engineering and humor - lots of humor.
TEDX - Talks on all kinds of topics
ETC News - very funny geeky news channel.
Doubleboost - Engineer from Newcastle - machining, steam wagons, forging, funny guy.
Julian Ilett - Electronics, solar power, good explanations on how things work.
Switch & Lever - making channel
Bosnianbill - Lockpicking channel - I have no interest in lockpicking but for some reason I like to watch the vids
FluffeeTalks - very funny news rants and shows the showcases the worst of..... i.e the worst tattoos or worst social media use
jehugarcia - Channel about electric cars
Lifeinthailand - Yank now living in Thailand showing rural living.
Makers Muse - 3d printing and reviews
Nomadic Fanatic - channel about living full time in an RV  in the US - dont know why
the Hacksmith - cool projects including building an exoskeleton
Abom79 - Great machining channel
bigclivedotcom - Funny guy who takes apart and modifies electrical stuff - normally cheap buys from ebay, Poundland or Banggood
James Bruton - UK based robot builder, has done bb8 projects etc
JT Bear - Canda based aquaponics channel
Make Something - woodworking channel
RobScallon - really talented musician
Sparkfun - showcasing new products
BasementShopGuy - Machining channel
Cody's lab - US science channel
GreatScott - German (in English) electronics and modifying channel
izzy swan - Woodworking channel
Jim Conner - UK electronics and hydroponics
Keith Rucker - Machining channel
NightHawkInLight - Making channel
Peter Brown - Woodworking channel
Rob Bob's Backyard Farming - Gardening and Aquaponics down under.
Tested - Electronics, reviews, geek news, builds with Adam Savage
The Post Apocalyptic Inventor - Really detailed electronics and builds channel
Angry Ram - random channel based around a Ram that has anger management issues - no idea why but I like it.
BenjaminNelson - Channel about electric cars and bikes
cassetteboy - Parody of songs normally aimed at MPs
Clickspring - really amazing  build of a clock from scratch - got to be seen to be believed
EEVblog - Dave Jones electronics channel down under
I Like to Make Stuff - great making channel
Keith Appleton - UK steam engines, really funny guy.
laseraber - cool homemade motor and batteries

There is more but I have run out of steam for the mo. Enjoy.

Toby Catlin

May 4, 2016, 2:11:21 PM5/4/16
to Norwich Hackspace
Great list. I have many of the same in my list and will post the differences.

Marion Catlin

May 4, 2016, 2:12:33 PM5/4/16
to norwich-...@googlegroups.com
you need Keith Appleton's channel!

Marion Catlin
3 Trowse House Cottages
Bracondale Millgate
Norwich NR1 2EQ

Telephone 01603 765353
Mobile 07946 261651

Dan Herring

May 4, 2016, 2:27:42 PM5/4/16
to Norwich Hackspace
Lol nice.

Ben Norcutt

May 5, 2016, 4:56:07 AM5/5/16
to Norwich Hackspace
NYC CNC Aka Saunders Machine Works https://www.youtube.com/user/saunixcomp

Tim Parnell

May 11, 2016, 8:48:26 AM5/11/16
to Norwich Hackspace
I'd add Crazy Russian Hacker. For comedy value.

Tim Parnell

May 12, 2016, 3:41:22 AM5/12/16
to Norwich Hackspace
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCb8Rde3uRL1ohROUVg46h1A

This guy Thomas Does some good reviews and 3D print stuff.

Toby Catlin

May 12, 2016, 4:12:12 AM5/12/16
to Norwich Hackspace
Primitive technology - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA
Makes cool stuff from mud and sticks
Reviews and retro hifi gear

Amazing woodworking shop

On 4 May 2016 at 19:27, Dan Herring <djherr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Lol nice.

Ben Norcutt

May 14, 2016, 6:20:38 AM5/14/16
to Norwich Hackspace

Tim Parnell

May 16, 2016, 6:36:29 AM5/16/16
to Norwich Hackspace
From King of Random. Nice little furnace - https://youtu.be/hHD10DjxM1g

Karl Ablitt

May 16, 2016, 4:43:28 PM5/16/16
to Norwich Hackspace
Ah Youtube, the great timesink of my life!  There have been a few of my subscriptions already mentioned, here some others in my dubious list:
 HackADay
Joerg Sprave (The slingshot channel).
The Tank museum
The Ben Heck show
Tested
Make
What's inside?: Father and son rip things apart to "See whats inside"!
 Evan Kale: Electronics and hacks.
Thang 010106:  Animations of mechanical linkages.
Tech MD:  Cellphone repairs.
Overclockers UK:  PC mods and gear.
Adafruit industries:  Popular vendors channel showcasing new products
hakology: Hardware and software hacks and how too's
Sparkfun electronics:  Same thing as Adafruit, different company!
jimmydiresta: Artisan maker.
Jerry Rig everything:  Cellphone repairs and reviews, making and hacking.
Techdrive: Electronics and tech.
Colin Furze:  Looney maker with a deathwish! 70mph mobility scooters, pulsejet go Karts, Toasting knife etc.
Rimstar.org:  Making, hacking and electronics.
Afrotechmods:  Electronics
andrew mcneil:  Lots of wi fi antenna stuff.

On 16 May 2016 at 11:36, Tim Parnell <thetim...@gmail.com> wrote:
From King of Random. Nice little furnace - https://youtu.be/hHD10DjxM1g