Fwd: Eagle Labs - training sessions

Marion Catlin

Jul 27, 2016, 12:02:50 PM7/27/16
to norwich-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all
I have talked to a few people about this but we haven't moved it very far. Basically, Whitespace in Norwich (at St James' Yarn Mill) are setting up an Eagle Lab (kind of fablab funded by Barclays) and have invited us as Hackspace members to get involved. They are starting with training sessions on various bits of equipment that will be installed there and have made a couple of places available for Hackspace members - the first session is weekdays as you can see. However this is paid for training and also we can get an expenses paid trip to visit a FabLab in London.

Please can anyone get back to me if they are interested in

a) attending this session
b) attending a future session
c) visiting a FabLab in London

all best
Marion

Good morning

Eagle Labs are very keen to get things going quickly and we’ve had lots of lovely deliveries of kit.

I think due to the mix of availabilities they have come up with the following suggestions of training.

Please let me know what you think, if you can confirm attendance and of course, pass on any interested contacts of supporters who would like to be involved.

Quick update re training activity for Whitespace:

·         First 2 day Skills Camped booked for Mon 8th/Tues 9th August.  The training will take place in Whitespace Norwich

·         Martin White (Fab Lab London) will attend on Fri 5th to carry out necessary equipment checks and prep.

·         Please can you ask the collective to update their availability for September?  We will carry out the last 3 days of the Skills Training again in Whitespace. Can I ask that this is done soon to ensure we can accommodate preferred dates.  Link remains the same http://doodle.com/poll/dic9uprxqykmw6ed

·         It would also be prudent for the collective to visit Fab Lab London (it’s a 10 minute walk from Liverpool Street).  This can happen as individual visits.  The following dates are available if you could share with the team.  (Please let me (Sarah) know, we might be able to coordinate)

Ø  Monday 25th July

Ø  Tuesday 26th July

Ø  Thursday 11th August

Ø  Friday 12th August