The great north snow dog

39 peržiūros
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

Alistair MacDonald

neskaityta,
2016-02-06 11:14:012016-02-06
kam: north-ea...@googlegroups.com

I came across this today and I an tempted to put in a proposal... http://www.greatnorthsnowdogs.co.uk/get-involved/artists.aspx

Do we want to put in a group proposal? Any mad ideas? I don't think they are looking for an engineered solution but we could give them the option.

  Alistair

Colin Jones

neskaityta,
2016-02-06 11:40:212016-02-06
kam: North East Makers
That could be fun. I see there's a snow dog on the Tyne Bridge on the website. Chasing our penguins perhaps?

Paul Ellis

neskaityta,
2016-02-08 04:33:152016-02-08
kam: North East Makers
I love this kind of stuff, Liverpool have been doing these kinds of things for years (Lamb Bananas, Ducks, Snowflakes etc)
If we had the funds to sponsor one of these and also put forward a group proposal for the artwork i think it would be a really good way of promoting the space and give us a pretty decent project to get involved in.

Gregory Marler

neskaityta,
2016-02-08 13:06:262016-02-08
kam: North East Makers
Is Alistair going to annoy people by having a massive snow dog in the space while he paints it? ;)

Liverpool's Lamb Bananas are more permanently in public places, so I think more fun.
I made a map/website for the Elephants that were in London for a couple of months. It was great fun trying to track them down from a really rough map graphic. http://www.livingwithdragons.com/2010/05/hunting-elephants

I might submit a design proposal based on maps.
I might also be interested in a group project/proposal. How tricky is it to drill/cut into these and add some LEDs. If it is sited near friendly WiFi, could the LEDs flash when someone tweets #snowdog? I love interactive/responsive stuff.

From Durham,
Greg
P.S. It's likely I'm going to be wanting to be a proper/paid/regular member in a few months time, which I'm sure would be more ideal for being in a group project.

Alistair MacDonald

neskaityta,
2016-02-08 13:14:102016-02-08
kam: north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Is Alistair going to annoy people by having a massive snow dog in the space while he paints it? ;)

I had not got as far as thinking about the how yet. Those are just details. ;-)

I might submit a design proposal based on maps.

Go for it!

I might also be interested in a group project/proposal. How tricky is it to drill/cut into these and add some LEDs. If it is sited near friendly WiFi, could the LEDs flash when someone tweets #snowdog? I love interactive/responsive stuff.

I was thinking the same, but reading the guidance they mention that they should be able to stand up to being touched by the public so it could be tricky. It might be worth putting in a proposal anyway. One person can put in up to thee proposals.

  Alistair

Iain Yarnall

neskaityta,
2016-02-08 14:18:302016-02-08
kam: North East Makers
I'm sure we could fill the holes with resin to seal them!

Paul Ellis

neskaityta,
2016-02-11 03:52:362016-02-11
kam: North East Makers
The LED / WiFi Idea is brilliant! there is bound to be an open BT zone or something it could connect to. You could even go as far as having an LED matrix that displays tweets that are sent.

I'm with Ian, any holes drilled could deffo be filled and made waterproof / touchproof. These sculptures are always hollow so there is scope for putting wiring inside them the tough part would actually be getting inside though, it would probably need some kind of hatch on the bottom which again would need to be weatherproof when it's closed.

I really think a group project would be fantastic for this and i'd love to get involved :o)

Alistair MacDonald

neskaityta,
2016-02-20 17:14:402016-02-20
kam: north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Does someone want to take lead on a group entry then? I would also like to be involved but I just do not have time to do it.

  Alistair

Atsakyti visiems
Atsakyti autoriui
Persiųsti