New Member

Paul Ellis

Aug 4, 2015, 2:49:01 PM8/4/15
to North East Makers
Hi

I'm new to the MakerSpace world and have just setup my standing order to begin from tomorrow, I've been in briefly this evening and had a brief show around the place, wondering when someone might be around to give me an induction?

I'm the man behind the clock project Steve has been doing on the laser recently so this is what i'll be looking at for the most part at first but living in a flat and my lack of a shed means I will hopefully be utilizing the space much more over time - I've just seen the Vinyl plotter which is something i'll be wanting to have a go at as i recently thought about buying one myself so it will be good to get to know it and put together an instructable :)

Jon Davies

Aug 5, 2015, 9:57:33 AM8/5/15
to North East Makers
Hi Paul,

Welcome to Maker Space :)

One of our existing members will gladly give you an induction, but this does not stop you coming into the Space in the meantime.  If you have set up the Standing Order, then just start popping in on any of the Members' nights - we're not a stickler for the exact point at which the payment appears, as long as you have set up the regular payment.  On a related point to induction, you will need training on the Laser and Vinyl Cutters.  As for most other tools - if you have used a tool before and are experienced, then that's fine.  If not, you should ask to be shown before your first use.  No question is too daft for us, don't be afraid to ask!

See you in the Space,
Jon.

Paul Ellis

Aug 5, 2015, 11:26:31 AM8/5/15
to North East Makers
Cheers Jon

That's all great thanks. Was thinking of calling back in again this evening if anyone is around to show me the ropes, looking forward to getting started and hopefully creating some nice stuff

see you around

Paul