Remove char marks from laser cut wood

Paul Hurley

Nov 3, 2016, 3:24:14 PM11/3/16
to North East Makers
Just saw this on the twitter from our pals at Justaddsharks...

http://justaddsharks.co.uk/blog-post/removing-residue-from-wood

Paul.

Glen Beestone

Nov 3, 2016, 3:30:45 PM11/3/16
to north-east-makers
I've heard dilutedr white vinegar works well too

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Iain Yarnall

Nov 3, 2016, 4:17:04 PM11/3/16
to North East Makers
There's some vinegar on the shelf above the lathe for people to use.

Works better on wood than plastics. Interested to try the orange stuff though.

Cheers,

Iain.

Jon Davies

Nov 4, 2016, 5:07:42 AM11/4/16
to North East Makers
As a programmer, I now envisage bits of the alphabet stuck to the edge %)

Cheers,
Jon.

Sam Barlow

Dec 31, 2016, 11:09:44 AM12/31/16
to North East Makers
Pre-masking your material and antibacterial fairy liquid have worked perfectly fine for me! :)
I've engraved a couple of chopping boards and found that finishing with a light/odourless oil helps keep the wood in good nick, too.