EMF Camp 2016

Jon Davies

Mar 6, 2016, 4:58:09 AM3/6/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Alistair MacDonald

Mar 6, 2016, 5:00:57 AM3/6/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Ha, there was me looking for the original thread to reply to when Jon's message pops up.

Basically the next round if EMF tickets go live this afternoon at an unspecified time. Follow the Twitter feed or ware out you F5 key to know when.

  Alistair

Jon Davies

Mar 6, 2016, 6:33:25 AM3/6/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

I also looked for the 2016 thread.  Couldn't find it.

Dan Nixon

Mar 6, 2016, 10:12:44 AM3/6/16
to North East Makers
I haz teh ticket.

Dan

Chris

Mar 6, 2016, 12:08:56 PM3/6/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I have a ticket too. I also got a car park ticket, as I feel I'll be driving down. who else is going and wants to car share?

Chris

Mar 6, 2016, 2:21:31 PM3/6/16
to North East Makers
I have never been, but I would love to go. What does the ticket include? I see they have a call for participants. Are any of you guys going to be presenting something? I was wondering whether I should submit a proposal for my "Neuroscience for Everyone, Spikerbox/Arduino device". Do you guys think that might be something of interest to them?

I saw on their website that they had someone do something about "genetic manipulation" in the previous years. Have any of you seen that? What did they do?

I see it says on their website: "Everybody who has a proposal accepted will be guaranteed a full ticket." but they also ask at all presenters, if they can, to buy a ticket. How does that work? I'm just asking because this month I have about £160 left in my account to feed three people, buy an electronic piano for my son and buy a 3D printer try and make money with to send my daughter to Sri-Lanka next year. Are there any good mathematicians in the Space that could make this calculation or am I stuffed?

David Pye

Mar 6, 2016, 2:36:15 PM3/6/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
It means you're guaranteed to be able to purchase a ticket, as sometimes they sell out....

David

Jon Davies

Mar 6, 2016, 2:50:53 PM3/6/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Yes please :)

Jon Davies

Mar 6, 2016, 2:51:59 PM3/6/16
to North East Makers
Eye allsew haz teh eeyemeff tickitzes!

Alistair MacDonald

Mar 6, 2016, 2:55:23 PM3/6/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Sorry but you will need to buy a ticket. It is effectively a community run event and they are trying to keep as accessible as possible, so very much like Maker Space. They simply can not afford to let people in for nothing. If they gave free entry to everyone who helped out the ticket price would probably double or more. As David says all accepted speakers can be promised a ticket, but these can not be free.

On a side note, It slightly worries me your comment about buying a 3D printer to make money. I guess you are joking a little but you might want to speak to some of the members who offer and have offered 3D printing as a service. I don't think it will being in the money you may be hoping for.

  Alistair

Chris

Mar 6, 2016, 3:13:42 PM3/6/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
First dibs go to Jon!

  one thing we may want to consider is putting the car in van mode and cramming it full of tents etc. Not sure how many people and gear I'll be able to get in yet, but have started a wiki page:

Mar 6, 2016, 3:27:05 PM3/6/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I will be taking my car as I tried to use public transport last time and it was a bind. A shame but nothing it perfect. I might have a little room for kit but I will probably not be heading direct from and to Newcastle.

  Alistair

Jon Davies

Mar 8, 2016, 12:16:54 PM3/8/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Alistair took a Neopixel strip last year and ran it in his tent.  I plan on doing that this time.  Neopixel FTW!!!

Alistair MacDonald

Jun 7, 2016, 9:35:39 AM6/7/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Next (and last?) batch of tickets go live tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7pm.

  Alistair

Jon Davies

Jun 8, 2016, 8:37:12 AM6/8/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

David PYE!!! Your ticket is approaching FAST!!! XD

David Pye

Jun 8, 2016, 8:45:19 AM6/8/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

I will be in tonight and aim to buy :-D

Alistair MacDonald

Jul 23, 2016, 1:54:06 PM7/23/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Just a note that if you have decided you want to come after all or could not get a ticket, then the returned tickets have just gone on sale. I think the advice is be quick.

  Alistair