Pi North East

Alistair MacDonald

Feb 3, 2016, 11:56:14 AM2/3/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Pi North East is back again in a couple of weeks. Anyone interested? It was a nice friendly thing last time with free drinks... https://attending.io/events/pinortheast-feb16

  Alistair

Chris

Feb 3, 2016, 12:14:00 PM2/3/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
 6:30 AM-8 AM Friday 19 February 2016 (GMT)

really?

Chris D

Feb 3, 2016, 12:22:05 PM2/3/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Err, No, PM. :-) I will let them know.

  Alistair

Jon Davies

Feb 3, 2016, 7:06:03 PM2/3/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

It did say GMT, so maybe it could be that the north east to which they refer, in fact, resides in the north east of Australia in a relative time zone.  Especially if it is beer o'clock. OK, it is definitely beer o'clock most of the day in Australia.  It must be in Australia.  Are you sure it is not there?  Would be cool.  OK, Australia is not cool in most places, so sorry about that... ;)

TonyD

Feb 4, 2016, 4:29:10 AM2/4/16
to North East Makers
signed up for it

Tony

Gregory Marler

Feb 8, 2016, 6:00:40 AM2/8/16
to North East Makers

So is Pi North East a collection of talks, similar to PHP NE/Super Mondays etc?
Is it restricted to 18+(given there are beers), or would it be appropriate for an 11-year to come with their dad?

Seeing this today is very timely. Yesterday I was approached by a kid at my church with a proposal for a Durham Pi event. It'd be good to understand the NE Pi scene, although the kid has been tasked with researching that himself.

All the best,
Greg.

Alistair MacDonald

Feb 8, 2016, 6:39:24 AM2/8/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I would check with the organiser. I suspect it would be okay but it is not my place to say.

  Alistair

Jannetta Steyn

Feb 8, 2016, 8:35:09 AM2/8/16
to North East Makers
Apart from being about the Pi ... what is this event about? Is it just Pi presentations of what people are doing with Pis? I would be interested in going.

Alistair MacDonald

Feb 8, 2016, 1:06:51 PM2/8/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
It is still finding it's feet, but it is half people showing what has been done, and half teaching how to do. I guess it depends on who talks.

  Alistair

Greg Fenton

Feb 8, 2016, 3:06:09 PM2/8/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I can't make it but if someone attending wants to take my Blue Raspberry Pi (one of only 1000 in the world) I will happily drop it into the Space for the duration.

Greg

TonyD

Feb 9, 2016, 4:33:17 AM2/9/16
to North East Makers

Hey I've got one of those :-)

Greg Fenton

Feb 9, 2016, 4:42:51 AM2/9/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Cool :) Have you added your details to http://www.pibeginners.com/blue-pi/ - he is trying to find all 1000 blue Pi :)

Greg

Alistair MacDonald

Feb 15, 2016, 9:31:46 AM2/15/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
The event has been postponed. I presume a new date will be set at some point soon.

  Alistair