8mm smooth rod

David Pye

Aug 2, 2015, 6:39:36 AM8/2/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am after a piece of 8mm smooth rod, probably no more than maybe 10cm, to make axles for extruders for the 3-head mendel90 3d printer.

Does anyone know if there's any kicking around in the space, and if not, whether anyone has some I could have?

Thanks!

David

Chris

Aug 2, 2015, 6:57:42 AM8/2/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
David,

   I have a couple of 10+cm smooth rod you can have. It's at home at the moment, will be in on Wednesday if not before. let me know if you want me to bring them down.

Chris

Aug 2, 2015, 7:01:36 AM8/2/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure I have some you can have - it's A2, currently in a single 1.5m length, but I'm needing some for a new project - you'd be welcome to take 10cm or so. I'll measure up and confirm later today (tomorrow if things don't work out)...  Probably get it in tomorrow night, but if you don't need it till later it'd be good to know.

W.

David Pye

Aug 2, 2015, 8:45:06 AM8/2/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi gents,

Don't rush, Wed would be fine, as I probably won't get in this week at all!

Chris - if yours is already a semi-suitable length to save Will chopping a longer bit that would be great - I just need 3x3cm or so for the extruder axles. Was going to measure exactly then use the space anglegrinder-cutter disc to chop :-)

Cheers

David

Will McElderry

Aug 2, 2015, 4:44:36 PM8/2/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I've just discovered mine is actually 5/16", as opposed to true M8.  Does that matter?  I'll be cutting mine down anyway.

W.

David Pye

Aug 2, 2015, 5:03:02 PM8/2/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hey Will,

I'm sure that would be close enough - it's the axle for the idler roller in an extruder so I can't see it mattering!

Cheers

David

Chris

Aug 2, 2015, 5:20:05 PM8/2/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Mine should be 8mm and it is just over 10cm long, so should be ideal. I'll stick it in your box on Wednesday.

Chris

Sent: Sunday, 2 August 2015, 22:03
Subject: Re: [Makers] 8mm smooth rod

David Pye