Notice to laser users

Dan Nixon

Jun 22, 2017, 8:48:01 AM6/22/17
to North East Makers
If you are using the laser cutter please make sure you are familiar with the new/modified startup and shutdown procedures.
If you don't know what is different then read the desktop background on the laptop or ask someone who knows (see laser maintainers list).

Not sure who used it last but found the coolant pump still running when I went to use it today.
It is your responsibility as a user to see that the machine is left in a suitable state, don't just assume keyholders will do things like this as they close up.

Dan

Jon Davies

Jun 23, 2017, 6:42:33 AM6/23/17
to North East Makers

Just so the last user's mind is put at ease (I am assuming it had been left on since Tuesday night), they did come and let us know that they'd done, but left the pump running.  One (or more) of the people present acknowledged the need to turn off the pump, however they had forgotten in the wake of a distraction/sidetracking.

Less forgetting must be increased to manageable levels of unforgetfulness. :)

Cheers,
Jon.

Josh Duffy

Jun 26, 2017, 5:01:24 AM6/26/17
to North East Makers
Yes, sorry, sounds like I'm the guilty party there.  I had been bringing the stuff up and letting it cool down and I had been planning on going back down to switch it off, but  had been told that someone would be going to use it again later that night, so not to bother.

Im also aware that at the moment it looks like I'm guilty of being in some debt on the spreadsheet of laser time.  However I have made a payment on the 22nd of May that has not been updated to the spreadsheet.  Could someone with write access to the spreadsheet please update this for me.   Thanks,

Josh

Alistair MacDonald

Jun 26, 2017, 5:10:02 AM6/26/17
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh,

Don't worry about the spreadsheet. Payments are identified by our treasurer Tony and the added to the laser system by Iain. This can take a day or longer that a month depending when the dates fall. I did see the payment on the treasurer's report so it is halfway there. This delay is normal and no one is going to think you are freeloading.

  Alistair