Preskoči na prvo neprebrano sporočilo

Glen Beestone

neprebran,
18. okt. 2017, 09:15:3218. 10. 17
do North East Makers
Anyone got any experience with off grid energy systems? Photovoltaics and wind generators

i'll get in more detail of what i'm trying to achieve later. but it's only a small system i'm planning and i not that turbines are availbe in 12V and 24V output and also that panels tend to be 12V but can be paralled or put in series to get 24V

Whats the is advatages/disadvatages
Is it pureley down to the batteries you are going to be charging ( and how they are arranged?)

i.e. Is it bettery to have a battery bank of 2x12V batteries connected in parrallel and charged with a 12v PV/turbine
vs a 24V PV charging a 24 volt battery
vs a 24v PV charging 2x12v battereis in series.

I think i have my head around things like hours of exposure, wattage , storage capacity of battery banks etc.
it's this "simple" thing i'm not so sure about

Regards,

Glen

abaxas

neprebran,
18. okt. 2017, 09:38:3818. 10. 17
do North East Makers
My 2nd nearest neighbour is off grid so any questions can easly be routed that way.

Glen Beestone

neprebran,
18. okt. 2017, 10:01:1118. 10. 17
do north-east-makers
Cheers David

Btw Did you see my direct message to you regarding ESP8265 module?

Cheers

Glen

--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

abaxas

neprebran,
18. okt. 2017, 10:35:1218. 10. 17
do North East Makers
I'm down later. What sort of ESP module would you like?

Or should I just bring what I think is best?

abaxas

neprebran,
18. okt. 2017, 10:35:5818. 10. 17
do North East Makers
Also esp32 or esp8266?

Glen Beestone

neprebran,
18. okt. 2017, 10:38:3118. 10. 17
do north-east-makers
Replied to your direct message

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Glen Beestone

neprebran,
18. okt. 2017, 12:01:0018. 10. 17
do north-ea...@googlegroups.com
after extensive googling i have hit upon the simplest  of all answers that i'd not seen mentioned anywhere else.

basically it depejnds n what your toal output  if it's going to be more than 2000 watts then the ampage ratig of your 12 system to the inverter starts to get very unwieldy

<Quote/>
If you where going more than 1,200-2,000 watts of output, would recommend 24 volt system. A 1,000 watt inverter 12 volt circuit needs to be rated:
  • 1,000 watts * 1/10.5 volts cutoff * 1/0.85 inverter eff * 1.25 NEC wiring/breaker derating = 140 amps minimum
A 24 volt system will be 1/2 that.
</Quote>

Makes sense.

mine is a small(ish)  system just to keep a chest freezer going in an area with unreliable mains. i'll need about 600 Watts per day ( 25 watt hours ) so a 12v system will be fine and simpler/cheaper to install.

but if i extend it in the future  then it may need ( expensive ) rejigging. So i need to look at wether i spend the money now to future proof it's expansion

Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 2:38 PM
From: abaxas <david....@gmail.com>
To: "North East Makers" <north-ea...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Makers] Re: 12V vs 24V off gird systems
--

abaxas

neprebran,
19. okt. 2017, 02:46:2819. 10. 17
do North East Makers
Just a random-o-thought.....

P=IV and I is static for cheap charge controllers. IE 30A at 12 or 24v.

Therefore 360W or 720W for the same price of controller.
Odgovori vsem
Odgovori avtorju
Posreduj
0 novih sporočil