DIY cinematography

David Green

Jan 16, 2017, 10:28:48 AM1/16/17
to North East Makers
Greetings fellow makers! Newbie here...

Anyone interested in (DIY) cinematography/videography? I've been thinking of organising a get-together to play around with robotic-controlled cameras / quadcopter aerials / lights / etc. as well as lo-fi sliders/dollies etc.

Ping me if you're interested; if there's enough interest, I'll set something up early-mid-Feb (in Newcastle) :)

David Green

@cinehacker

Cay Green

Jan 18, 2017, 5:02:59 AM1/18/17
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i'd be interested in lo-hi sliders (if by that it means a track onto wish a small camer can be mounted to track a short distance at a fixed speed).... possible making my own.

Cay :)

Note: I check Gmail a couple of times per week so response time can vary.

David Green

Jan 20, 2017, 4:53:08 AM1/20/17
to North East Makers
Nice one Cay,

I'm also interested in developing some blueprints for those - possibly using Arduinos but possibly using properly lo-fi apparatus (e.g. egg-timers!)...

Just thee and me so far, but there are some other folks I know (at the unis) that might be interested too... Let's see if anyone else is keen and we'll keep mid-Feb in mind for a get together?

Cheers!
Dave

David Green

Jan 20, 2017, 4:54:59 AM1/20/17
to North East Makers
I also just acquired one of these (for the purposes of robotic camera control) if anyone is interested in having a play around with it, let me know...

http://www.arduino.org/products/tinkerkit/arduino-tinkerkit-braccio