Fwd: [toon] OFFER: 40 new plastic sheets, acryclic (Wansdyke, Morpeth)

Alistair MacDonald

Nov 27, 2015, 9:36:34 AM11/27/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

This has just appeared on Freecycle. It is a way away but if it is laserable then might be worth it.

  Alistair

> OFFER: 40 new plastic sheets, acryclic
>
> 40 as new plastic sheets. I'm not sure of the exact material. They are
> about 15cm by 60cm, and 4mm wide. See picture for details
>
> Collection from Wansdyke, Morpeth.
>
> Ring me for details on 07965802645.

David Pye

Nov 27, 2015, 9:43:15 AM11/27/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
If it's acrylic (says it is) say yes please

Glen Beestone

Nov 27, 2015, 10:18:27 AM11/27/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
He says it's acrylic, but then says he's not sure of exact amterial

If they are clear then it's either going to be Acrylic ( AKA perspex/Plexiglass/lucite etc ) which cuts well
or polycarbanate ( AKA Lexan) which CAN be Laser cut, but cuts poorly ( unless it's very thin)  and smells real bad.
However Polycarbonate can be milled and cut with regular tools so i would say yes it's still well worth having

Glen

Sent: Friday, November 27, 2015 at 2:36 PM
From: "Alistair MacDonald" <alistair....@gmail.com>
To: north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Makers] Fwd: [toon] OFFER: 40 new plastic sheets, acryclic (Wansdyke, Morpeth)

Alistair MacDonald

Nov 27, 2015, 10:30:33 AM11/27/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

I am just putting this out there. Past experiences have taught me never to get in the middle of a freecycle collection.

  Alistair

David Pye

Nov 27, 2015, 10:33:12 AM11/27/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I'll get it if you bag it...I'm not on freecycle...

Alternatively, drop me the email address of the poster and I'll bag it ;_0

Chris

Nov 28, 2015, 7:33:50 AM11/28/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I've contacted him, he's decided that they have some value. as he puts it "not much, I'll let you decide the value of them when your here" . Are we still interested even though he's going against freecycle? if so how much do you reckon?

Chris

Nov 28, 2015, 9:51:28 AM11/28/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
He sent me a message saying he was leaving morpeth at 5, so it would have to be by then. Told him I couldn't do that as I'm sat it the pub. Not reported him yet, may do it when I get home if I remember.

On Sat, 28 Nov, 2015 at 13:11, glenb

Alistair MacDonald

Nov 28, 2015, 12:48:52 PM11/28/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

I am with Glen. Asking for payment is not acceptable on freecycle. A principle thing.

  Alistair

David Pye

Nov 28, 2015, 1:04:09 PM11/28/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I am with Glen.

Hint is in the name FREEcycle.  Report the muppet.

David

Jon Davies

Nov 28, 2015, 2:46:05 PM11/28/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com