Laser cutter fume doodar....

abaxas

Aug 8, 2017, 7:17:42 AM8/8/17
to North East Makers

Alistair MacDonald

Aug 8, 2017, 8:04:25 AM8/8/17
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Would it help with our current plans? If so then it sounds a grand idea.

  Alistair

abaxas

Aug 8, 2017, 8:21:54 AM8/8/17
to North East Makers
As a non admin, can I send off a request to them?

On Tuesday, 8 August 2017 13:04:25 UTC+1, Alistair MacDonald wrote:
Would it help with our current plans? If so then it sounds a grand idea.

  Alistair

Dan Nixon

Aug 8, 2017, 8:34:58 AM8/8/17
to North East Makers
If all it has is a HEPA filter then let's hope it remains a prototype forever.
They have obviously not done their research.

Dan

Alistair MacDonald

Aug 8, 2017, 8:51:01 AM8/8/17
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
David, I would get confirmation from the laser team that it would actually help.

Dan, I just knew you were going to hate it.

  Alistair

David Pye

Aug 8, 2017, 8:57:11 AM8/8/17
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Alas that won't cut it.

Not all the waste ie. gases are particulate....

You could perhaps have it in line with the exhaust but not sure what it would add other than being something else to clean.  Unfortunate, as it would have been ideal otherwise....

David

Jon Davies

Aug 12, 2017, 5:59:03 AM8/12/17
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

It is no better than any other filter solution IMO.

Cheers,
Jon.