TS100 cheap as chips

Jon Davies

May 14, 2018, 3:32:50 AM5/14/18
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
We all like a bargain.  This amazing soldering iron seems a good one to me...
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/263656106428
...normally goes for £50-60...?
--
Cheers,
Jon.

StevenQ-NE-UK

May 14, 2018, 4:55:04 PM5/14/18
to North East Makers
I've seen these quite a lot on YouTube lately. Look great but they say at 12v it's a little lacking on power 18v to 24v is much better apparently.

Steve

David Pye

May 14, 2018, 5:04:14 PM5/14/18
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I've got one and run it on 24v (variable voltage PSU) and it's exactly as you say. Pretty gutless on 12v but much better on 24v.

It isn't the meatiest iron but the fact that you can also run it off lipo batteries is handy for in the field quadcopter repairs....

David

On Mon, 14 May 2018, 21:55 StevenQ-NE-UK, <steven...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've seen these quite a lot on YouTube lately. Look great but they say at 12v it's a little lacking on power 18v to 24v is much better apparently.

Steve

StevenQ-NE-UK

May 14, 2018, 5:07:57 PM5/14/18
to North East Makers
I'm still using those super cheap USB irons with a beefy USB power bank.

Am very tempted by the TS100 but I only have an old pc psu to run it

Steve