Induction for laser cutting

Mort

Oct 6, 2017, 8:47:16 AM10/6/17
to North East Makers
Hi

I'm a new member, just set up the Standing Order today.

I had a quick visit last wednesday & a tour from Stuart, i'm now keen to get on with an induction into the space & especially training on the laser cutter.

Best nights for me are wednesdays & thursdays but i can be flexible as well

please let me know when someone's available

thanks

Giles Mortimer (Mort)

AbdulBasith Mohammed

Oct 6, 2017, 12:07:13 PM10/6/17
to North East Makers
Hi there

I would appreciate if I can join for the induction too.
If any one can spare some time to give some indication please.

Thanks Abdul

Glen Beestone

Oct 6, 2017, 12:59:52 PM10/6/17
to north-east-makers
Hi Abdul

We've learned from experience that inducting more than one person at a time doesnt really work.

A large part of thw training is to do it yourself under supervision so you gt used to he controls.. and obviously only one person can be on the laser at a time.

Hopefully someone can arrange another time with you or later on the same night but we don't do group inductions for the laser

Regards

Glen.
--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

AbdulBasith Mohammed

Oct 6, 2017, 1:29:09 PM10/6/17
to North East Makers
Thank you for your response

That’s fine one person at a time.

Is there anyone who can help me in this manner?
If there are any charges for someone’s time then I am happy to go ahade too.

Thanks
Abdul

Glen Beestone

Oct 6, 2017, 1:46:40 PM10/6/17
to north-east-makers
No charge for training for members. Only for laser time used. (Which will be pennies for small testing Jobs ) we usually let people build up a few pounds of laser time before we get it off you

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Iain Yarnall

Oct 10, 2017, 4:49:57 AM10/10/17
to North East Makers
Hi Giles.

I should be able to give training tonight if that suits.  I might be able to do tomorrow instead if that is easier for you.

Sorry for the short notice.  Annoyingly, I'm not really able to commit to much at the moment as I'm expecting to get called away to a customer site at a moment's notice.  There's still a small chance I need to be there tomorrow so I might still have to bail out. (I hope not though)

Best regards,

Iain.

Benjamin

Oct 10, 2017, 5:50:31 AM10/10/17
to North East Makers
(Abdul was first in the queue, so its fair that he picks the day first)
Yeah, welcome Mort!
What sorts of stuff are you interested in doing?