Door announcer!

David Pye

Aug 24, 2016, 4:06:27 PM8/24/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In a bit of boredom, I've wired up the door controller so it can announce your arrival via the music player pi.

If you're interested in being announced, just tell me what you want it to say, and whether you want a male or female announcement :-)

David

Dan Nixon

Aug 24, 2016, 4:13:55 PM8/24/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Can it play an audio file?

Dan

David Pye

Aug 24, 2016, 4:25:30 PM8/24/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Heh.  I suppose but it better be short or it will end up being incredibly annoying ;-)

On 24 Aug 2016 9:13 p.m., "Dan Nixon" <danns...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can it play an audio file?

Dan

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 at 21:06 David Pye <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

In a bit of boredom, I've wired up the door controller so it can announce your arrival via the music player pi.

If you're interested in being announced, just tell me what you want it to say, and whether you want a male or female announcement :-)

David

Glen Beestone

Aug 24, 2016, 4:43:09 PM8/24/16
to north-east-makers
Can it play a music MP3 snippet ?

I want my own intro music

:-)

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
On 24/08/2016, 21:06 David Pye <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

In a bit of boredom, I've wired up the door controller so it can announce your arrival via the music player pi.

If you're interested in being announced, just tell me what you want it to say, and whether you want a male or female announcement :-)

David

David Pye

Aug 24, 2016, 5:33:40 PM8/24/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Sigh. Yes..

But can it be short please?

On 24 Aug 2016 9:43 p.m., "Glen Beestone" <gl...@technologist.com> wrote:
Can it play a music MP3 snippet ?

I want my own intro music

:-)

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
On 24/08/2016, 21:06 David Pye <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

In a bit of boredom, I've wired up the door controller so it can announce your arrival via the music player pi.

If you're interested in being announced, just tell me what you want it to say, and whether you want a male or female announcement :-)

David

Glen Beestone

Aug 24, 2016, 5:42:13 PM8/24/16
to north-east-makers
10 seconds ok ?

I can get it down to 6 at a push

On 24/08/2016, 22:33 David Pye <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sigh. Yes..

But can it be short please?

On 24 Aug 2016 9:43 p.m., "Glen Beestone" <gl...@technologist.com> wrote:
Can it play a music MP3 snippet ?

I want my own intro music

:-)

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
On 24/08/2016, 21:06 David Pye <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

In a bit of boredom, I've wired up the door controller so it can announce your arrival via the music player pi.

If you're interested in being announced, just tell me what you want it to say, and whether you want a male or female announcement :-)

David

David Pye

Aug 24, 2016, 5:47:02 PM8/24/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

There's no technical limitation, more a people's patience limit....

On 24 Aug 2016 10:42 p.m., "Glen Beestone" <gl...@technologist.com> wrote:
10 seconds ok ?

I can get it down to 6 at a push

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
On 24/08/2016, 22:33 David Pye <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sigh. Yes..

But can it be short please?

On 24 Aug 2016 9:43 p.m., "Glen Beestone" <gl...@technologist.com> wrote:
Can it play a music MP3 snippet ?

I want my own intro music

:-)

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
On 24/08/2016, 21:06 David Pye <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

In a bit of boredom, I've wired up the door controller so it can announce your arrival via the music player pi.

If you're interested in being announced, just tell me what you want it to say, and whether you want a male or female announcement :-)

David

Tommy

Aug 25, 2016, 2:41:31 AM8/25/16
to North East Makers
How cool! Can I have it say "Rock on Tommy" in a male voice.

Can't wait to test it!

-Tommy

Jon Davies

Aug 25, 2016, 2:42:58 AM8/25/16
to North East Makers

I still want nyancat...

Cheers,
Jon.

David Pye

Aug 25, 2016, 2:56:40 AM8/25/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Give me a snippet of under 5 seconds and I will make it happen !

On 25 Aug 2016 7:42 a.m., "Jon Davies" <jon.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

I still want nyancat...

Jon Davies