commercial union house

Glen Beestone

Oct 17, 2017, 3:02:00 PM10/17/17
to North East Makers
Anyone else noticed they've clad the side of CU house.
I wondered what the metal brackets were for that they were installing the other week

The piece of land next to us will apparently host Hadrian's Tipi, The pop up (tent) pub that was down outside the central station last Christmas.

It's due to be installed by the end of the month and I can't see Watson house being down by then.
I wonder if they will stop operations for a while or reduce the size of the demolition site.

Not sure I'd feel comfortable in a tent with lumps being lopped off a building mere yards away.

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Paul Hurley

Oct 17, 2017, 3:17:02 PM10/17/17
to North East Makers
apparantly the cladding is metal waterproofing only (no insulatioin) as the exposed wall wasn't exactly weatherproof.

David Pye

Oct 17, 2017, 6:50:48 PM10/17/17
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Which in itself is really interesting because if CUH was being demolished in the short term, why bother?

David

On 17 Oct 2017 8:17 pm, "Paul Hurley" <paulhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
apparantly the cladding is metal waterproofing only (no insulatioin) as the exposed wall wasn't exactly weatherproof.

Mark Williams

Oct 19, 2017, 7:03:19 AM10/19/17
to North East Makers

abaxas

Oct 19, 2017, 8:51:11 AM10/19/17
to North East Makers
Four years in the new improved maker dungeon would be great news.

Just need some vit D tablets and we are good to go.