3D Thursday tonight (21-5-15)

Will McElderry

May 21, 2015, 9:28:52 AM5/21/15
to makerspace
Hi All,

It's another 3D Thursday, tonight (18:30-21:30).

Sorry I was away for the last one (7-5-15) Chris Burn very kindly
covered. From what I recall it sounded quiet.

Tonight I'm going to be focussing on the space's i2 printer - improving
(resolving?) the Z axis missed steps issue with a new cable, firmware
and stepper driver. It's been going for a while, but I'm hopeful this
will resolve the issue - Chris D has reported good results in this set
up, and I've been running it on my i2 for a short while after issues
started to creep in on the Z also getting very good results.

I've got some raw experimental results to discuss if anyone's interested
- I reckon the results are quite shocking, and may explain some of the
issue with hole diameters and highly accurate dimensions!
Unfortunately it's not easy to explain, so discussing in person is the
way forward...
The experiments need to be repeated on other printers, materials,
hotends etc. so I'm going looking for ideas on how to design a machine
that will help me make measurements (and probably improve my accuracy a
lot!) - all suggestions of method welcome. Tony gave me a number of good
suggestions last night, so I've got a broad base to narrow down.

Hope to see you tonight, 18:30-21:30 at Maker Space.

W.

Mick b

May 21, 2015, 10:56:18 AM5/21/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

well ive been busy I didn't attend last one  either  but  might  come too  tonights    as ive been  working on my  i3,s    making   some  idc  cables  etc    for the lcd      and  installing    cctv for   friends     and  myself    been too  tired to attend   anywhere  so  catch up  night   see  how  things are  with  everybody

mick 008

wi...@mcelderry.com

May 21, 2015, 5:38:10 PM5/21/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just a note to say it was a quiet night - one new visitor (Dave/David
can't recall preference) mainly interested in the space at large, but
couldn't make it last night.

Greg, Paul and Mick were in from the regulars. Greg printed a nice
looking Tardis, Mick has been building his second printer, but
distracted by helping people with setting up Cameras and PVRs...

I made a new cable for the Z Axis motor on the Space's i2 (I'm calling
it Stewie after Stewie from Duck Tales - thanks to Greg for the name).

I flashed new firmware that makes it work with the new motor arrangement
(extra stepper driver board), checked the steps /mm by eye it seems
good, so I probably copied it correctly...

Need to confirm that everything is working as expected and level
everything...
Also need to configure the firmware for the correct LCD and SD support.

Next time I'm about.

W.
> --
>

> Links: