Leaser Cutting Machine use

AbdulBasith Mohammed

Sep 27, 2017, 6:21:41 PM9/27/17
to North East Makers
Hi every one

actually i am new to the group and i would like to know the procedure to use leaser cutting machine.
i have used it in the past however i was wondering if any one can be around some time to show me. do i need to bring my own laptop? if so then do i have to have a specific software to use it?

thanks.
Abdul

Glen Beestone

Sep 27, 2017, 6:26:35 PM9/27/17
to north-east-makers
Hi,

We have a lot of attach to the laser and you can use the laser software to do very basic shapes ( a quick circular or rectangular cut for example ) but it is recommended you use a proper CAD package for anything more complex. the laser software takes DXF R14 files. Any software that can produce that kind of file would be suitable.

To use the laser you need to be a maker space member and to arrange with a laser trainer is suitable time to be taken through using it.

Glen

--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Glen Beestone

Sep 27, 2017, 7:54:54 PM9/27/17
to north-east-makers
That first line should have read, we have a LAPTOP to laser.

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

AbdulBasith Mohammed

Oct 2, 2017, 4:45:53 AM10/2/17
to North East Makers
Thank you Glen for the reply,

yes i am a member recently joint. my email were mab...@hotmail.com, due to this discussion board i have created another email with same name but @gmail.com.

can i book a training secession please.

Thursday would be ideal but any day and time i will manage.

Regards
Abdul

Jon Davies

Oct 8, 2017, 10:59:28 AM10/8/17
to North East Makers
Hi All,

I am bumping this email request from Abdul so it doesn't fall by the wayside.  Anyone free to help?

Cheers,
Jon.
Cheers,
Jon.

Paul Hurley

Oct 9, 2017, 2:28:39 PM10/9/17
to North East Makers
Abdul came in this evening, unfortunatley no one got back to him about Laser Training.  Currenmtly only Dan, David Pye, Ian Yarnall and Jon Davies are trainers (according to http://makerspace.pbworks.com/w/page/80055485/Laser%20Cutter%20Users) (which also says I need supervision - oops).

Are there other trainers ?   How does one become a trainer theoretically ?

Can someone reply to Adbul with some dates when we can do some training.

Paul.

Iain Yarnall

Oct 10, 2017, 4:41:01 AM10/10/17
to North East Makers
Hi Abdul.  I should be able to give training tonight if that suits.

Sorry for the short notice.  Annoyingly, I'm not really able to commit to much at the moment as I'm expecting to get called away to a customer site at a moment's notice.  There's still a small chance I need to be there tomorrow so I might still have to bail out. (I hope not though)

Paul - I'm happy to add you to the list of trainers if you're happy to help out.  Anyone else who is competent with the laser for that matter.  With various people's situations, there isn't going to be a trainer around at times so we could do with a few more.

I wrote some notes on the wiki intended as a guide for trainers.  Will start a new thread and post a link...

Cheers,

Iain.

Benjamin

Oct 13, 2017, 6:29:15 AM10/13/17
to North East Makers
Hello again Abdul,
Did you get my message at the beginning of the week?
If you haven't already got sorted, I can induct you this weekend.
Ben

Benjamin

Oct 17, 2017, 5:05:20 AM10/17/17
to North East Makers
Heya, would you still like to use the laser?
What sorts of stuff would you like to do?