Secret Santa

瀏覽次數:37 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Greg Fenton

未讀,
2015年11月26日 下午3:11:152015/11/26
收件者:north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

For those that don't know we will be holding a Secret Santa at Maker Space this Christmas.

If you want to enter the rules are quite simple:
1) You must be a member of Maker Space or a regular visitor
2) Let me know your details (name, email, member or visitor) via email secre...@labby.co.uk.
3) To verify that you are a Maker Space user, in the email tell me the first and last word of the WiFi password.
For example if the password was THISISTHEWIFIPASSWORD the first and last words would be THIS PASSWORD. If you don't know the answer, ask a member in the Space.
4) At the cutoff date (to be arranged shortly) I will email each participant with a name.
You must buy that person a present, giftwrap it, put their name on it and leave it at the Space. Do not let the recipient see their name as you leave the gift.
The gift value should be no more than a pound.
5) When you have dropped your present into the Space let me know via email and I will keep track to make sure everyone gets a present.
6) At a point near Christmas (such as the Maker Space Christmas Party or, you know, Christmas Day) we get to open our presents :D

By necessity I will know who gave to whom but I won't tell the recipient where it came from.

To sweeten the deal, the person that gives the most appropriate gift to their recipient will get a (totally inappropriate!) gift from me so be prepared to learn all there is to know about each other ahead of time.
It is up to you lot to decide who gave the most target-oriented gift. I'm not doing everything :P

We need to set up a cut-off date at which point the names will be drawn. I would suggest a week before the Christmas party but that is flexible - feel free to comment.

Warmest regards for the season to you all

Greg

Brian Degger

未讀,
2015年11月26日 下午3:35:012015/11/26
收件者:north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Greg for doing this.
This is a.m.a.z.i.n.g

Greg Fenton

未讀,
2015年11月29日 凌晨4:11:192015/11/29
收件者:north-ea...@googlegroups.com
So far we have got the following Secret Santas:
Brian "Upside Down Tree" Degger
Iain "Hogmanay Hijinks" Yarnall
Dan "Danta" Nixon
Jon "Deflated Santa from Manchester Town Hall" Powell
Alistair "Pagan Holiday" McDonald
Paul "Bah Humbug" Lovejoy
Greg "I'll let someone else choose for me" Fenton

Jon Davies

未讀,
2015年11月29日 清晨5:33:302015/11/29
收件者:north-ea...@googlegroups.com

You have got the wrong Jon.

Greg Fenton

未讀,
2015年11月29日 清晨5:38:012015/11/29
收件者:north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, sed -i 's/Powell/Davies/g' secretsanta.txt

Jon Davies

未讀,
2015年11月29日 清晨5:40:172015/11/29
收件者:north-ea...@googlegroups.com

%) Gred 'sed updation' Fenton

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 10:38 am Greg Fenton <gregor...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry, sed -i 's/Powell/Davies/g' secretsanta.txt

Greg Fenton

未讀,
2015年11月29日 清晨5:44:142015/11/29
收件者:north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Greg "Sedation" Fenton :p

Jon Davies

未讀,
2015年11月29日 清晨5:47:512015/11/29
收件者:north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Ah yes much better :)

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 10:44 am Greg Fenton <gregor...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greg "Sedation" Fenton :p

Laird of Bandrum

未讀,
2015年12月1日 下午6:01:512015/12/1
收件者:North East Makers
Hi All

The Secret Santa collection point is now open to receive gifts. It lives where the sewing machines live. Just look for the xmas tree

Regards

Paul

Jon Davies

未讀,
2015年12月2日 凌晨4:14:202015/12/2
收件者:North East Makers

Yay :)

--

Greg Fenton

未讀,
2015年12月2日 凌晨4:32:582015/12/2
收件者:north-ea...@googlegroups.com
So far we have got the following Secret Santas:
Brian "Upside Down Tree" Degger
Iain "Hogmanay Hijinks" Yarnall
Dan "Danta" Nixon
Jon "Deflated Santa from Manchester Town Hall" Davies
Alistair "Pagan Holiday" McDonald
Paul "Bah Humbug" Lovejoy
Greg "Sedation" Fenton
Ed "Santa rides a skateboard" Bisdee

Greg Fenton

未讀,
2015年12月2日 凌晨4:35:442015/12/2
收件者:north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I will let the Secret Santa run for one more week from today and draw the results next Wednesday (9th December) giving one week to buy your recipient that perfect gift before the Christmas party :)

Greg

Glen Beestone

未讀,
2015年12月2日 清晨5:26:382015/12/2
So far we have got the following Secret Santas:
Brian "Upside Down Tree" Degger
Iain "Hogmanay Hijinks" Yarnall
Dan "Danta" Nixon
Jon "Deflated Santa from Manchester Town Hall" Davies
Alistair "Pagan Holiday" McDonald
Paul "Bah Humbug" Lovejoy
Greg "Sedation" Fenton
Glen "There won't be snow in Greece this Christmas time" Beestone
Ed "Santa rides a skateboard" Bisdee

Jon Davies

未讀,
2015年12月2日 清晨5:56:022015/12/2
收件者:north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Greg "I wonder just exactly how impossibly long I can make these nick names, to the point of being Novel length?" Fenton
:)

Greg Fenton

未讀,
2015年12月2日 清晨6:49:302015/12/2