Re: [Makers] Abridged summary of north-east-makers@googlegroups.com - 10 updates in 4 topics

Rosie Bristow

May 4, 2015, 11:09:03 AM5/4/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hello makerspace, how can we add Nathan to the group? he's been doing the make it glow project and has a couple of questions about arduinos. his email is lunat...@gmail.com.

thanks for your help,

rosie x

On 3 May 2015 at 21:42, <north-ea...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Iain Yarnall <i.ya...@gmail.com>: May 03 06:22AM -0700

Hiya,

I think I'm going to head to the space for about 3PM today and will be
there a few hours if anyone else wants to pop along.

Cheers,

Iain.
...more
Iain Yarnall <i.ya...@gmail.com>: May 03 10:13AM -0700

I'm heading off now so will be closing the space.

Cheers,

Iain.
...more
Iain Yarnall <i.ya...@gmail.com>: May 03 04:40AM -0700

Hey everyone,

As some of you are aware, I already have ideas for this year's Christmas
window display for Maker Space. The general idea is to make a giant
penguin race (see image below).
...more
Colin Jones <maker....@gmail.com>: May 03 05:09AM -0700

I'll help, but I'm sure I've asked this before:-
What have penguins got to do with Christmas?
...more
Jon Davies <jon.d...@gmail.com>: May 03 12:14PM

What did a steel ball have to do with Christmas? Fun! Same for penguins. :)

...more
Iain Yarnall <i.ya...@gmail.com>: May 03 05:24AM -0700

At least last year, the ball represented a parcel going from the toy
factory to the tree in your house although it wasn't very obvious.

The penguin link is tenuous I agree albeit a link that's ...more
Alistair MacDonald <alistair....@gmail.com>: May 03 01:43PM +0100

I am game. Like last year I don't want to over commit now and let
anyone down so will work on some fringe things until we get closer to
December.

On a side issue I am also keen to work on another ...more
Jon Davies <jon.d...@gmail.com>: May 03 03:47PM

I'd like to do one too, but would prefer a ball-bearing run, which is less
visually stunning, but more manageable/portable :) I saw a guy upstairs at
Maker Fair UK this year, with ones made out of ...more
Dan Nixon <danns...@gmail.com>: May 03 07:53AM -0700

Cheers.

Dan

On Saturday, 2 May 2015 21:15:10 UTC+1, Alistair MacDonald wrote:
...more
Jon Davies <jon.d...@gmail.com>: May 02 09:06PM

I've already torn the arm off the CfL ticket booth attendant in the
over-excitement at getting my fix of Arcade retro.

...more
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.

Glen Beestone

May 4, 2015, 11:39:56 AM5/4/15
to north-east-makers, lunat...@gmail.com

Just go to our Google group. The link to "discussion list" is at the top right of our webpage.  WWW.makerspace.org.UK

And click on "join Group"

Glen

Alistair MacDonald

May 4, 2015, 11:44:05 AM5/4/15
On 4 May 2015 at 16:09, Rosie Bristow <bris...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hello makerspace, how can we add Nathan to the group? he's been doing the make it glow project and has a couple of questions about arduinos.

This is a public group that anyone can join anyway by visiting http://groups.google.com/group/north-east-makers . I have sent him an invite to speed things up though.

  Alistair

Brian Degger

May 4, 2015, 12:02:46 PM5/4/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
i added him to speed things up too :)

Brian Degger
twitter: @drbrian

Alistair MacDonald

May 4, 2015, 12:23:56 PM5/4/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
We are all amazingly efficient today. Clearly something wrong with us. :-)

Alistair

Brian Degger

May 4, 2015, 1:09:29 PM5/4/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
public holiday?

Jon Davies

May 4, 2015, 3:55:34 PM5/4/15
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

I was efficiently 'public holiday' lazy :)