Lithium ion cells

Glen Beestone

Aug 23, 2016, 5:21:10 AM8/23/16
to north-east-makers
Work are chucking half a dozen lenovo battery packs. They are marked as bad but usually this just means a single cell has gone off.

Anyone want them to strip down for the good cells?

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Dan Nixon

Aug 23, 2016, 5:32:30 AM8/23/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
What discharge rating and capacity are they?
If they can supply around 5A (in a 1P pack) then I may be interested.

Dan

Glen Beestone

Aug 23, 2016, 6:02:07 AM8/23/16
to north-east-makers
Not a clue. You have to break them open to find out (and even then it may not say unless the cells have a model number)

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Glen Beestone

Aug 23, 2016, 6:11:26 AM8/23/16
to north-east-makers
The packs themselves are various types but a few of them are

10.8v at 5.2A

I suspect it will be a 6 cell arrange in a 2x 3

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Dan Nixon

Aug 23, 2016, 11:33:22 AM8/23/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't mind two of those packs then, I should be able to get something usable out of that.

Dan

Glen Beestone

Aug 25, 2016, 2:34:20 PM8/25/16
to north-east-makers
I've dumped a few in your box

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.