Dice Fabrication

Max Lee

Oct 21, 2016, 3:14:23 PM10/21/16
to North East Makers
Hi All,

I am looking to fabricate a 20 sided die found in a Magic 8 Ball (I have attached an image below). However I am wanting to change the responses on each side to the same answer.

I spoke to a very helpful member of your group on Wednesday night who suggested I get in contact with Fab Lab in Sunderland. They replied saying it was possible to 3D print this shape with the text on their Dimension printer or form resin printer, however their cost to design the object is way out of my budget. Therefore I was wondering if anyone here knew someone who might be able to help 3D design the object, as I have little experience using CAD software. I have a limited budget but can offer a small fee for designing this object to print.

Apologies for this long message!

Best,

Max

Alistair MacDonald

Oct 21, 2016, 3:32:13 PM10/21/16
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com

Hi Max,

First of all apologies for the delay in this getting posted. For some reason Google Groups flagged it as spam and held for moderation, and then the notification of that was also flagged as spam. Then when I moderated the message Gmail flagged that as spam. For some reason Google really thinks your message was spammy. Anyway if anyone is seeing this message without seeing the original then check your spam folder for the original.

I will jump in quickly and say that we are trying to not be seen as a 3D print shop. You are very very welcome to join as a member but we do not offer production facilities like a FabLab. A member might be interested in helping out or doing it commercially, but as a club this is not something we do.

That said if you do want to teach yourself some CAD and 3D printing skills do feel welcome to join the community. It sounds like you have already seen the facilities we have.

   Alistair