what is the name of this operator: =~ and where can I read more about it?

Paul Pfaff

Aug 24, 2014, 6:01:54 PM8/24/14
to no...@googlegroups.com
Hey group,
really new to node and javascript, (and most other programming) so far I am enjoying this library, I guessed that !=~ is a not for this symbol and it appears to work, but I'm not familar with it's name (does it exist outside of nools?) I'm having a hard searching for it on google.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Dolan

Aug 24, 2014, 7:38:57 PM8/24/14
to no...@googlegroups.com
In Perl, I've often heard this called the "match operator". But apparently it's officially the "binding operator"

I think it means the same thing in Ruby.
Chris

Rodolfo hernandez

Nov 3, 2014, 1:13:51 PM11/3/14
to no...@googlegroups.com
Mmm Im not sure if that binding operator exists in javascript.. could you show where is used ? For me seems like a bit negation assigment