TextNodes returning 0 as line number. Zombie bug from libxml2?

justi...@shopify.com

Jun 12, 2016, 4:40:56 PM6/12/16
to nokogiri-talk
Hello,

Preface/libxml2

I've come across a bug that popped up once before in libxml2 back in 2008 where XML_TEXT_NODEs would always return 0 as their line number.

It was however patched that day and should have been fixed.

Those three lines that he added still exist in the most current version of libxml2 now just under a conditional check for a (ctxt->linenumbers) flag.

Nokogiri

This bug is currently present in Nokogiri 1.6.8.

I've been looking through the source in an attempt to find a fix and I'd appreciate some guidance:

Possibly relevant files:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Justin

Mike Dalessio

Jun 20, 2016, 7:26:36 PM6/20/16
to nokogiri-talk
Hi Justin,

Apologies for not responding for so long. I've converted this into a github issue:

and credited you with it. I'll try to take a look in the next week or so, but this week is crazy because I'm a co-organizer of GORUCO which is this weekend.

Thanks for your patience,
-mike

justi...@shopify.com

Jul 6, 2016, 3:57:08 PM7/6/16
to nokogiri-talk
Hey Mike,

Just checking in on this, is there any way I could help you here?
This bug is currently a blocker for us and I'd be willing to do whatever it takes to fix it.

Thanks for your time,

Justin