nokogiri use on aws lambda

garrett

Mar 26, 2017, 4:24:39 PM3/26/17
to nokogiri-talk
Hello, I am using traveling ruby to run ruby on AWS Lambda.  In addition to traveling ruby, and my ruby code, I am packaging up gems specified in a gemfile, so they can be used by my ruby code in the Lambda.  I am creating the Lambda package on a mac, but since the nokogiri is built during installation on the mac, it won't work on the lambda which runs on amazon linux.  My thoughts on how to tackle the problem are to either create the lambda package on a amazon linux machine, or somehow get a prebuilt nokogiri gem for use on amazon linux and include that instead of the mac based nokogiri.  I'm sure the former is possible, it just seems somewhat of a hassle.  Is the latter possible?  Are there any other ways?

Thanks,
Garrett

Mike Dalessio

Mar 26, 2017, 4:26:51 PM3/26/17
to nokogiri-talk
Hi,

Thanks for asking this question. You may want to ask this question on the more general ruby-talk mailing list, since the problem you're describing is general to any rubygem with a C extension (e.g., bcrypt).

If I had more specific guidance, I'd give it, but I've never tried to run a rubygem with a C-extension on Lambda.

Good luck,
-m