[ANN] nokogiri 1.7.0.1 Released

Mike Dalessio

Jan 4, 2017, 12:48:14 AM1/4/17
to ruby-talk, nokogiri-talk
nokogiri version 1.7.0.1 has been released!

* Tutorials: http://nokogiri.org

Nokogiri (鋸) is an HTML, XML, SAX, and Reader parser.  Among
Nokogiri's many features is the ability to search documents via XPath
or CSS3 selectors.

Changes:

* Fix OpenBSD support. (#1569) (related to #1543)

Mark T

Jan 8, 2017, 8:34:34 PM1/8/17
to nokogiri-talk, ruby...@ruby-lang.org
Thanks for this Mike!
Happy New Year to Mr Nokogiri!
When migrating to a major new ruby I build a new gem area.
Somewhere in the build chain the GEM_PATHS var is being (re)set.
So instead of the shell environment setting being in effect, it is being reset to ruby install area and user gem dir.
Such as the error message suggests:
Checked in 'GEM_PATH=...user_home_dir/.gem/ruby/2.4.0:ruby_install_dir/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0', execute `gem env` for more inf
ormation
gem env reports  - GEM PATHS:  to be different.
Also  env | grep GEM_PATH reports differently.

Symptom of this will be that gem install nokogiri may not find mini_portile2.
My workaround is to soft-link ...user_home_dir/.gem/ruby/2.4.0 to my chosen gem area.

Thanks again!
MarkT