Unable to install nokogiri on Ruby 1.8.7 | Ubuntu 14.04

Ralph Otowo

Feb 5, 2015, 12:16:39 PM2/5/15
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
There's my setup in the subject. I'm unable to install nokogiri. The application I'm using specifically requires Ruby 1.8. This is no problem on Ubuntu 12.04.
I've referred to the guide at nokogiri.org and installed libxml2 and libxslt with no luck. Also installed the zlib1g-dev package.

My preferred command "gem install nokogiri -v=1.5.10 --no-ri --no-rdoc", which is what I use with the same setup on Ubuntu 12.04 without a problem generates the following error:

The command "gem install nokogiri" generates the following:

ERROR: Error installing nokogiri:
nokogiri requires Ruby version >= 1.9.2.

Can I get any help with this?

Bryan Crossland

Feb 6, 2015, 9:27:11 AM2/6/15
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ralph,

The error says you need a version of Nokogiri that will work with Ruby 1.8.7. Nokogiri 1.5.* only works on Ruby 1.9.2 and above. I believe Nokogiri 1.4.7 would be the version you would want.

Thanks,
Bryan